Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 05:14 PM

Re: Does anyone use funeral insurance for the over 50s?

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Ffosse, have you looked at a Direct Funeral Plan? I'm not sure how to attach a link but if you Google it you will find out more about it -

What is direct cremation?
The body is collected and cremated immediately after death, rather than waiting for a viewing or funeral to take place beforehand.

There are no family or friends present at the cremation and the body is typically cremated in a very simple casket. The ashes can be returned to the family if requested.

Loved ones are then free to organise a ceremony or memorial at a time, location and date that suits them.
That sounds ideal for me, and in line with what Leia wrote - nice and minimal.

It's a morbid subject but I must be pragmatic.

Thanks for all the replies.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 05:28 PM

We have no interest in funeral insurance.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:14 PM

They don't half push it on the advertising front....I'm guessing that the channels I'm watching are aimed at those in their 50s and 60s, but not a break goes by without some company or other selling them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They don't half push it on the advertising front....I'm guessing that the channels I'm watching are aimed at those in their 50s and 60s, but not a break goes by without some company or other selling them.
Why don't you ignore the ads?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Due to your illness I don't if you're still working Ffosse, but my plan is to take out a quarter of my works pension when I'm 55 next year to cover both mine and my wife's funeral costs, together with organising our wills, so that our children don't have to worry about anything. This will be the only slice of my pension I will take out leaving the rest until it's needed when I finally retire.

You're NOT going to leave us just yet Ffosse! Best wishes bud on your recovery
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:34 PM

No Fflosse we can't let you get off that easy you may have to put up with our crap for years !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Cheers, I hope that was a typo Floydy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Cheers, I hope that was a typo Floydy
Oh my God mate! Forgot the word "not"
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Why don't you ignore the ads?
Having a lot of time on my hands, and being somewhat of a curious nerd, I've been watching the ads trying to see which ones they put on and when they are shown.

Trying to see their target audience.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:08 PM

We have no funeral plans or special over 50s insurance but there is life insurance that we've had for years. There's also a lot of capital in the house. The family will be rewarded handsomely for making the necessary arrangements when the time comes.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top