Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Re: Does anyone use funeral insurance for the over 50s?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Due to your illness I don't if you're still working Ffosse, but my plan is to take out a quarter of my works pension when I'm 55 next year to cover both mine and my wife's funeral costs, together with organising our wills, so that our children don't have to worry about anything. This will be the only slice of my pension I will take out leaving the rest until it's needed when I finally retire.

You're NOT going to leave us just yet Ffosse! Best wishes bud on your recovery

Aye, you aint going nowhere for a while yet Ffosse. Try keep positive
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:26 PM

Ffosse,My sister & I both paid for our funerals at our local undertakers, just simple cremation,1 hearse & 1 funeral car, song/hymn of our choice. .I think the Coop do this service also.When my sister died [in 2005] all I had to do [ as her next of kin ] was notify the undertakers & agree the day /time of the funeral,they collected her from hospital & we could see her any time in their chapel of rest. I have told my son where the documents for my funeral are & all he will have to do is the same as I did for my sister.Why dont you ask at an undertakers of your choice [maybe near you ]if they offer this service & the cost
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:39 PM

I have an ISA set up to pay for my funeral costs and have delegated the same funeral company that did my wifes's funeral along with a Humanist service.

That is unless the kids just chuck me in the canal weighted down with an old lawn-roller and keep the cash for themselves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 12:07 AM

They won't do that them old lawn mowers are worth money these days !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Having a lot of time on my hands, and being somewhat of a curious nerd, I've been watching the ads trying to see which ones they put on and when they are shown.

Trying to see their target audience.
We have never bothered with the ads, and always turn the sound off when they come on as they irritate us so much.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Even Alan Titchmarsh is into it now he should stick to digging the garden .
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Even Alan Titchmarsh is into it now he should stick to digging the garden .
Seems a good choice if you're planning a burial
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Seems a good choice if you're planning a burial
Nice one!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Coincidence. I've just been thinking about this as I have nothing in the way of insurance. I don't want to have a funeral or service or anything like that but I supposed I need to sort something out.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:16 PM

Yes, that was my concern, that I hadn't done anything about it, scarcely giving it a thought until now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top