Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:44 AM

Re: Energy Price Rises

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why can’t they price match to keep their loyal customers?
Because they rely on the laziness of their customers, although some might call it 'loyalty'!

Every year, the Cheap Energy Club automatically asks me if I'd like to do a comparison (not earlier, because if I change I'd have to pay an early finishing fee!). So every year I do a comparison - it takes only a few minutes - and go with whoever is the cheapest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Apparently we import power from France. Why are we not investing in nuclear power here instead of wasting it on HS2?
Why indeed?

Eco warriors!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:50 AM

I'm with SSE and they'd have to be uncovered as a bunch of devil-worshipping, child sacrificing satanists before I would switch.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 03:58 PM

Just changed energy supplier again and back to Ovo, who we were with a few years back. It seems that every time a deal comes to an end the company wants to put you on their standard tariff, which is always several hundred quid a year more expensive. I just can't comprehend then why we should stay, when moving supplier is so easy these days?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-02-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just changed energy supplier again and back to Ovo, who we were with a few years back. It seems that every time a deal comes to an end the company wants to put you on their standard tariff, which is always several hundred quid a year more expensive. I just can't comprehend then why we should stay, when moving supplier is so easy these days?
Always!

I almost always change supplier when the end of the deal is imminent.
I joined the Cheap Energy Club (it's free!) who keep me informed of forthcoming competitive deals.

The problem which seems to be coming to the fore these days, though, is that more and more energy companies are offering their most competitive deals only to customers who agree to have a 'smart' meter. Something I have always avoided.
Consequently, I am currently a customer of one of the smaller companies who are willing to entice customers by not only offering competitive deals, but are happy not to insist on smart meters.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 04:28 PM

Hi

Get used to it.

We have sold off our Energy Suppliers to the highest Bidder.

Our new nuclear power station, built by the Chinese but operated by the French is guaranteed a rate of twice as much as we are paying for Electric now.

Look it up.

That is the stupidity of our Government.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-02-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get used to it.

Our new nuclear power station, built by the Chinese but operated by the French is guaranteed a rate of twice as much as we are paying for Electric now.

Look it up.

No problem. I'm in the process of purchasing a large windmill to be installed in our garden just in time for the next storm!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:31 PM

We're entering the end of the period of cheap energy - and looking at the horrendous damage that has been caused on and continues to be caused to the global environment it certainly HAS been cheap.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:47 PM

Fully expected the utility price rises to accompany the maximum 4% councils allowed to put up our council tax. which they all are doing, that along with postage stamps rising. I'm just waiting for the water rates, house insurance, Contents insurance, Pet insurance and no doubt car insurance and the cost of fuel, to do the same predictabe thing and inform us that unfortunately due to rising costs...blah blah.

Every year with April coming up, its always the same, the perfect excuse to screw the customers out of more money.
It seems every single item that I purchase from Tesco, Sainsbury's and Iceland have jumped on the bandwagon over the last month or so and put the price of almost every item up, and not just pennies. One item I bought every week jumped from £2.78 to £3.40! Needless to say, stopped buying it.

Why am I not surprised any more.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get used to it.

Look it up.

I agree with you on that Swimmy, and I've often said they should cancel HS2 at the 50 billion estimate and we could build three nuclear power stations for the same price!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top