Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:36 PM

Re: Hangin ya pantihoses up in the garden!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
But, but, but..... why would you dry your onions? What does this produce other than a husk that was once an edible onion?
So they don’t go all soggy. They need to be kept dry to keep from rotting. The panty hose idea for after gardening is a great one. You can cut an onion down one at a time and it’s stops the onions from touching each other. You can hang them in the kitchen , basement or pantry .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:01 PM

oh ok I guess I have never experienced a soggy onion!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Me neither ... I'm no expert. Why aren't spuds and carrots hung up too then?

It's a conundrum .. the same as should you eat sprouted potatoes?
You should definitely eat sprouted potatoes. I'm sure the potato Francis drake bought over was sprouting a fair bit.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:02 PM

ladies ladies - please ya gettin too excitable about pantihoses - it's for us to get excited about - but seriously folks the original idea DID come from an OZ gardening show and it was to take the strain with some heavy vegies bending the vines and stop the rats and possums eating the vegies - that's all - know cool down ladies or I'll have to get me hosepipe out - OMG Morticia has just fainted!! - can some one give her a kiss - OF LIFE! please!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Gumbud, I think we ladies (and perhaps some laddies) have fainted seeing that first picture Bratti posted! A defibrilator may be required.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:11 PM

It did give me palpitations Annie.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Gumbud, I think we ladies (and perhaps some laddies) have fainted seeing that first picture Bratti posted! A defibrilator may be required.
oh you lot have just got over-fertilized minds!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-09-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It did give me palpitations Annie.
well ya can feel my palpitations anytime ya like Mort?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 06:16 AM

But, but, but..... why would you dry your onions? What does this produce other than a husk that was once an edible onion?

When they are pulled from the ground they are soft and will rot if they aren't dried. The brown skin needs to form
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:28 AM

I don't know what research gumbud's done on lady's foundation garments but pantyhose/pantihose/pantihoses is not an English English word. Hosiery is an old English word for legwear. Nylon stockings, invented in the '30s, were called nylon stockings, shortened to "nylons". Later came sheer tights, shortened to "tights".

Wikipedia informs us ...

In American English, the term "tights" typically refers to pantyhose-like garments made from thicker material.

Whereas in England tights are thin, "leggings" being the thinker version.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top