Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Struggleing Tonight

I am struggling with my breathing tonight,very SOB hoping Ill get through the night without having to call for help.I dont want to go back to hospital, only 2 wks since I came out.When I was in last time DR said ,sarcastically ,do you realise how many times youve been in hospital.Yes Dr dear but what do you do when GPs are closed & cant get your breath during night time
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:29 PM

Re: Struggleing Tonight

Hi

So sorry to hear that you are not good tonight.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:42 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Deylon, is there a good friend or neighbour who can stay the night with you, or help you out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Deylon you must phone 999 if you are struggling for breath. I know it must be scary. But please stay safe. X
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:20 PM

Sorry to hear that Deylon. You should tell your doctor to sort out the community team cover in your area. If they were 24 hour you would not be in this situation.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:55 PM

I have 2 inhalers to take twice a day 7 another to use if/when Im bad.Ive been told to use my inhalers as needed,sit quietly & relax,then if things dont get better ring GP, if available,if not 999.It is a viscous circle as my breathing seems to get worse at night I have no alternateto ring 111 for advice,they send paramedics down who take me to hospital,where I have a nebulizer & /or oxygen & usuallt sent home.The last time I was taken to A&E about 11 PM,,4 am next morning after treatment I was told I was discharged,I said I still felt ill ,so they saidn
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have 2 inhalers to take twice a day 7 another to use if/when Im bad.Ive been told to use my inhalers as needed,sit quietly & relax,then if things dont get better ring GP, if available,if not 999.It is a viscous circle as my breathing seems to get worse at night I have no alternateto ring 111 for advice,they send paramedics down who take me to hospital,where I have a nebulizer & /or oxygen & usuallt sent home.The last time I was taken to A&E about 11 PM,,4 am next morning after treatment I was told I was discharged,I said I still felt ill ,so they saidn
I am really sorry to hear about this Deylon....and it is the same here. They don't seem to want us to come into emergency anymore. I think we are treated very badly after we hit a certain age.
Last time I went in with nausea and vomiting, and couldn't breath, the doctor came in and said "how many times is this you have been in here with nausea, and trouble breathing". He was so sarcastic.
I said "this is the first time, and why are you asking me that, surely you have looked at my chart before coming in here. I was furious and scared because I couldn't breath. I get clots in the lungs. Pulmonary embolism.....and they know that, but they treat me bad. They don't seem to like old people, and you are old after you turn 65, it is if they wish you would just die and get it over with.....

All the best to you Deylon...I'll be sending good vibes your way....Blue x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

15-09-2018, 09:13 PM

I have 2 inhalers to take twice a day & 1 when needed,then sit quietly ,if no better ring GP or 999.Usually Im bad at night when GP is closed, ,so I ring 111 for advice,they send paramedics who take me to hospital,I am treated with nebulizer & /or oxygen,& usually sent home.Last time it was 11 PM,at 4 am next day I was discharged, I said I still felt ill ,so they said IF I still felt ill later go back .I was taken back to A&E about 8a m & was kept in for 5 days.Once when I called my GP because I felt ill the receptionist said call zn ambulance,she finally agreed to senr DR,,who gave me steroids anti bac, pille ,said I done right not to go to hospItial,so now I try to manage at home
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I am struggling with my breathing tonight,very SOB hoping Ill get through the night without having to call for help.I dont want to go back to hospital, only 2 wks since I came out.When I was in last time DR said ,sarcastically ,do you realise how many times youve been in hospital.Yes Dr dear but what do you do when GPs are closed & cant get your breath during night time
Poor you..............you are among friends here.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Why can't they give you an oxygen tank to have at home Deylon?

I knew somebody who had one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top