Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:45 PM

Re: Another one bites the dust

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I might have got that name wrong but don't let it deflect from the point I make.

And it's not about 'the Eu' ( I don't know why you asked that )

It's a point about why Pat Condell ( the video guy) makes a good point about the attempted denial of democracy perpetrated by Remainers due to their distaste of the 'lower' classes and due to their sense of entitlement.

It's a sentiment you also seem to perpetrate by asking for a 'Losers' or 'People's vote' to try to overturn the EU referendum result.

A vote, incidentaly, I and many other millions of Leavers would boycott thus rendering it invalid.
You really are confused tonight. I don't recall ever saying we should have a people's vote. IMO any new referendum is an absolute nightmare.

It's not a good point at all. It's just the twisted opinion of a bitter man.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:29 PM

@AnnieS:
You would be content to continue the post brexit economic relatios with third countries based on present trade deals. Need I point out that most of these deals (since 1973) were struck under the EEC/EU umbrella, applying for members. After brexit you're not a member and are not applicable for terms, conditions, of these deals. There are a lot of deals that have to be negotiated by the UK, as a competitor of the EU.
Wanna bet who will have the more profitable deals after brexit?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
@AnnieS:
You would be content to continue the post brexit economic relatios with third countries based on present trade deals. Need I point out that most of these deals (since 1973) were struck under the EEC/EU umbrella, applying for members. After brexit you're not a member and are not applicable for terms, conditions, of these deals. There are a lot of deals that have to be negotiated by the UK, as a competitor of the EU.
Those of us that don't want to return to the Dark Ages worked that out a long time ago.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:41 PM

How come, that a lot of UK'ers can or will not see where you are heading?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:44 PM

How come, that a lot of UK'ers can or will not see where you are heading?
They have a death wish in my opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:49 PM

@AnnieS:
I'd be content if we were staying in the EU and applying the rules which we haven't been applying such as immigration and sticking two fingers up to the rules that don't suit us. We haven't been doing either of those. But if we are leaving then we shouldn't reinvent the wheel because either way we will be shafted by the markets and by other countries because of our vulnerability as a result of the dratted process. At least sticking to existing deals for the time being gives us some breathing space and the economy some stability, however transient.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd be content if we were staying in the EU and applying the rules which we haven't been applying such as immigration and sticking two fingers up to the rules that don't suit us. We haven't been doing either of those. But if we are leaving then we shouldn't reinvent the wheel because either way we will be shafted by the markets and by other countries because of our vulnerability as a result of the dratted process. At least sticking to existing deals for the time being gives us some breathing space and the economy some stability, however transient.
But that would never happen - too many SJWs of all political colours getting on the outrage bus when action needs to be taken that they don't agree with. Take immigration for example, if the rules on immigration had been enforced, their would be cries of racism, bigotry and xenophobia much like those directed against the `Leavers`now. Such action would be political suicide especially for right-wing or centrist governments.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-10-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But that would never happen - too many SJWs of all political colours getting on the outrage bus when action needs to be taken that they don't agree with. Take immigration for example, if the rules on immigration had been enforced, their would be cries of racism, bigotry and xenophobia much like those directed against the `Leavers`now. Such action would be political suicide especially for right-wing or centrist governments.
Yes but that once again begs my question as to how will that change once we are out? It's all a circular discussion which brings us back to our own inept government and not the EU. Everything we don't like comes back to our own backyard.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-10-2018, 11:23 PM

Not being a schengen country you could have stopped an immigration influx at any moment you (your government) wanted. Given the necesary funding was supplied.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-10-2018, 11:50 PM

Not being a schengen country you could have stopped an immigration influx at any moment you (your government) wanted. Given the necesary funding was supplied.
For some reason that fact seems to have bypassed many who voted leave. By some magic this will all change when we actually leave. But the fact we had it in our power to change it all these years is completely ignored.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top