Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:02 PM

Re: They Said that an EU Army Wouldn't Happen

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No idea. Over here irish beef is preferred for it's quality. And no tariffs.

And produced to EU standards, never mind the e-coli.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:07 PM

Imagine that in combination with my ebony skin and curly hair! LOL!
It’s gone a little quiet over there...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
On military exercises in Germany Dutch Troops wore hair nets in order to get their hair under their battle bowlers. Exercises had to stop on a Friday so that the Dutch Army could go Home for the weekend I kid you not.
At our borders there were signs for the russians: do not invade later than friday 17.00 hour. We are off for the weekend. Back on monday 8.00 hour. Thank you for your consideration.

Our army were 90% enlisted men who in the weekend went home to their parents.

And indeed, in the seventies long hair was allowed in the army, but should be in nets to have no wavy, flying hair. They even had their own unions (separate for enlisted and professionals)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
And produced to EU standards, never mind the e-coli.
Especially, no prions!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Having read all the comments about the standards of the various national armies in the EU - and I agree that they are not particularly high - I would suggest that the proposed EU Army is being created primarily for keeping the people of member countries under control.

I must say I was surprised to hear that the German army is as poor as any of the others! Perhaps there were profound changes made after the war to ensure they wouldn't morph back into what they used to be - admittedly the best army in Europe by far, at the time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-10-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Perhaps
You should also read up on the history’s of WW2, didn’t your prime minister resign in embarrassment because of the cowardice of Dutch Troops?
He fled to england, together with queen, her family and her money....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-10-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I must say I was surprised to hear that the German army is as poor as any of the others! Perhaps there were profound changes made after the war to ensure they wouldn't morph back into what they used to be - admittedly the best army in Europe by far, at the time.
The germans were not allowed to have their own army.
The EU was instituted among others by churchil (he could know) to keep nations from war and weapons industry.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:09 AM

The germans were not allowed to have their own army.
The EU was instituted among others by churchil (he could know) to keep nations from war and weapons industry.

It was actually alterio spinelli the communist.

The EU has a parliament building named after him as a tribute to his communist ideology.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Without doubt with USA disengaging from NATO and becoming more isolationist, China flexing their muscle, we need a unified EU army full stop.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Without doubt with USA disengaging from NATO and becoming more isolationist, China flexing their muscle, we need a unified EU army full stop.
And the reason for USA disengagement from NATO R1??
Trump spelled it out at the time l believe?

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top