Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 04:19 PM

Re: 5-2 diet

The simple dieting fact is that people (like me) live to eat instead of eat to live. The days when we could have a chunk of bread and dripping for breakfast, a lard sandwich for lunch and dumplings for tea are gone. We don't use up enough energy to counteract all the calories we put into our bodies, you are probably right a good fast every now and then might do good, however, once your body goes into fast mode any food taken in afterwards is stored as fat, its your bodies way of looking after its self just in case it happens again.
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 06:14 PM

I've lost 3 1/2 stone this year by simply cutting carbs. I remember my mother wanting to lose some weight and she just cut the "starch" as did her mother before her. So it isn't exactly a new idea but it sure works! Of course it also helps my diabetes as basic school biology tells us that carbs are converted to sugar in the body. I feel so much healthier now!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Banditta ->
Maybe the major religions knew a thing or two about how the body works, since fasting or partial fasting is built into many of them. A prog on the telly about fasting, said that during the Great Depression life expectancy actually increased.
Yes darlin' that may be, but who wants to live longer half-starved??? - As you get to know me (go chech my profile), you'll see I LIKE my food!!! in large portions!!! I am in shape - round is a shape!!!
Banditta
New Member!
Northern Ireland
Banditta is female 

13-12-2012, 01:23 PM

No harm in that, Uncle Jo. You look lovely and cuddly!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top