Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Re: Butter anyone?

Like you BV i also think if it's natural that it is good for you.

Here in Australia now they are saying that the margarines are causing Macular Degeneration.

I always feel that if you eat nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables, meat you can't go wrong. I limit the amount of sugar and like my butter. Everything in moderation.

I make all my own jams, pickles, relishes etc and even make my own peanut butter for hubby. That way I know what's in everything.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Patsy it's no problem really , put a bit of butter in a dish/heat your knife in a mug of hot water/use it to mash up the butter.

Better still use a butter dish and just put in a small amount in and leave it out of the fridge.
I did do that - put some in a dish and leave it out - then, spreadable came in. Now if I were to revert back to butter - I know I would forget to take it out of the fridge !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->

I always feel that if you eat nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables, meat you can't go wrong. I limit the amount of sugar and like my butter. Everything in moderation.
I think that ^^^ is the key to a good diet and is very much how my grandmother used to cook (and later, my mum did too).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I saw this headlined in the Telegraph this morning and meant to buy the paper to have a read - but been chasing my tail for a couple of days and I forgot to buy it.

I can't say I'm surprised at the findings though - it seems to be a regular pattern now: don't eat this/do that because it's bad for you; (ten years later) we've changed our minds, it's actually really good for you.
Crikey.

Absolutely right BV, I've noticed the same many times over the years.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 06:23 PM

never liked butter...but i don't like the spreads either......but i think a varied diet is the best way....an old doctor we once had told us ...when talking about what to eat and what not to eat ...everything in moderation...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top