Join for free
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:04 PM

"Sky Blast!" Aerial MUni FPV

This is my very first AERIAL MUni Video.

Soon after starting I got a bad sprain doing a drop off a big boulder, (Clip included at the end) but I had to continue since Patrick (quadcopter pilot) felt he could never make this difficult hike again, so most of the riding you see was with a sprained ankle! And at almost 59, this kind of riding can really take its toll!

Filmed with his DJI Phantom quadcopter with a Gopro Hero 3 black edition, Patrick managed to get some amazingly CLOSE follow shots, at my request, flying only a few feet from me! That was a bit unnerving, but a testament to his awesome flying skills! Shot 7/19/14 in Simi Valley, "Hummingbird" trail is rocky, steep and very technical, and the aerial footage really captures it!

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Re: "Sky Blast!" Aerial MUni FPV

Impressive stuff UG. I wouldn't tackle that descent even on foot.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Brilliant video Terry, especially completing it after spraining your ankle.

There were a few hair-raising moments when you seemed pretty close to the steep drop over the edge

Hope your ankle is ok now and thanks for sharing your video with us
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 09:20 PM

Thanks guys! Yes, my ankle got tweaked pretty good and although I rested it a for a while after the initial sprain, it still was quite painful to ride on, but I felt I might as well continue and riding seemed easier than walking on it at that point!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top