Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:57 PM

Re: Anyone Heard Of FODMAP eating plan for IBS

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Yes that is what tends to happen as when you eliminate the main cuprits the inflammation in the bowel will improve and everything calms down. Then you can have small amounts of some foods which aren't ideal but the body can deal with that as long as worse offenders are not included in the diet.
Absolutely....eliminate as much as you can those that trigger flare ups......and things do settle down..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Julie my post was in reply to Alice's post about sufferers of IBS and the intense pain that the condition can cause if you eat the wrong food ... not weight loss dieting.
I know and I was just saying only risk of death would stop me trying foods I shouldn't. Pain nah I would have happily born it if I could have had a strawberry back in the summer. Craving was so bad.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 11:11 PM

Whenever I have been given a diet plan all the Do Not Eat foods were the ones I liked and all the Eat More of These foods were stuff I hated; so bugger 'em.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Are you close?

Why not ask her to er, have a look at a sample under a scope for you. Now here's the gross bit, it has to be a 'fresh' sample - yep that means still warm
Crikey, that might just test the MIL/DIL relationship a bit too much, for me anyway LOL, she talks about poo like it's just a normal part of everyday conversation which in her job it is, but methinks I'll keep certain things private while I still have me marbles at any rate.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Crikey, that might just test the MIL/DIL relationship a bit too much, for me anyway LOL, she talks about poo like it's just a normal part of everyday conversation which in her job it is, but methinks I'll keep certain things private while I still have me marbles at any rate.
Or just say it's become interesting to you and whether she would teach you the basics. You can then offer to provide a sample and she'll never know it was planned haha
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 08:28 AM

Don't know if I'd be that brave !!

I'm pretty sure I have classic IBS though as the symptoms have always been much worse when I eat more of certain foods.
There is also a known history of lactose intolerance, daughter was really ill with it as a baby and you couldn't get lactose free formula in those days, she was feed soya milk instead.
I'm already seeing some improvement on the FODMAP eating plan after a few days.

It's very interesting about the parasite though, I'm sure lots of people don't know they are infected. It makes me wary of public swimming pools also.
Neo
New Member!
UK
Neo is female 

08-02-2016, 09:47 PM

I know this thread is a little dated but just wondering how things have developed for you, Anita?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top