Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:30 AM

Do you eat more than you need to?

As you may be aware I'm always conscious of my health and fitness and noticing that my summer holiday is in a couple of months time, I'm looking at changing my diet. I train as hard as my energy and time allows and I'm in decent shape physically (perhaps not mentally!), but where I fall down is around the middle. Don't we all?!

So I've been looking at my diet recently and I know we are all different with our routines, and mine is difficult because I work nights, but there is room for improvement.

It is not specifically the type of food, it's whether or not we eat too much. I have cut out bread mostly apart from the odd chees sandwich and at work I have replaced bread with wraps. Now I have analysed the filling for the wraps and have decided that less is more, as they say. We don't need so much stuffed into a sandwich or wrap, so I now have just one and enjoy it more. Crisps are largely out, except for lower fat varieties which I can now replace with crackers or a natural brunch bar. For my second tea break I now only have a small bag of fruit (you know those miniature Asda bags, five for £1.50?). As for a drink, no more fizzy drinks, just a 'fruity water' or black coffee with sweetener. My job is active so I need the energy from food, but too much just makes me feel bloated and defeats the object of dieting correctly.

I have just started this diet so I'll be monitoring how things go and make amendments as I go along.

So what I'm saying is: Do you eat too much, more than you really need to...or don't you care about what you consume?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:47 AM

Re: Do you eat more than you need to?

I do care what I consume and I really try to keep to a sensible healthy regime but the thing is I really like bad things. I sometimes throw caution to the wind then I have to really use self control to get back on track. Honestly I think if I just let rip I would be enormous,
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I do care what I consume and I really try to keep to a sensible healthy regime but the thing is I really like bad things. I sometimes throw caution to the wind then I have to really use self control to get back on track. Honestly I think if I just let rip I would be enormous,
Enormous. Haha!
When I sent this post then read it back I thought it made me sound like some kind of angel actually; a total by-the-book dietician's joy.

I'm like you, Summer and most people. I have my weaknesses with what I eat. After all, we do need to actually enjoy our food. We have taste buds.
I must have two chocolate digestive biscuits with my afternoon mug of milky coffee for example, but I'll offset that with a cup of black no sugar at work later on.
I love cheese too, and I'm not giving that up, but again I'm trying to switch to low fat crackers instead of making a sandwich too often.

We are what we eat I guess!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 06:51 AM

Hi

I have been on Steroids recently, horrible things, your weight balloons.

I am 5 foot 9 inch, I have shrunk an inch.

I went up to 13st 13lb, I hated it.

Taking it off is much more difficult than putting it on.

I am losing 3lb a week, a way to go yet.

I am still one notch away from getting back into my 34 inch waist trousers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 07:37 AM

Since Mr M had his heart attack we have drastically changed our diet .
He's a snacker and used to eat loads of crisps cheese and loved his fry ups.
Now we have a low salt diet no hard cheese ( except what I buy for the dog to use in training - un fortunately we keep stealing the 'dogs cheese ' it's just too delicious. He also was partial to beer which he has cut out completely. ( Mr M not the dog)
We do not eat bacon ham or sausages .
We eat a lot of fish and are trying to eat less red meat .
We eat fresh veg and oranges and sometimes bananas.
mr M has lost over two stone .
I don't seem to have lost much as I wasn't so heavy anyway but I have been told to watch my cholesterol ( I don't know what watching it is supposed to do )
We try and walk 10,000 steps a day however in this foul weather this has been difficult the only one who manages it is the dog !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:49 AM

I definitely eat more than I need to when I'm on holiday. I've just had four days at Warner's Thorsby Hall Hotel where the food is delicious and you can eat as much as you like - then go back for seconds!!

I try to make up for it when I come home though. I had a low calorie day yesterday and will be having a few more. I've also increased my swimming - I did half a mile yesterday which wasn't bad as I'm a slow swimmer.

I mostly eat sensibly but have the odd indulgence. Holidays are when I let myself go.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:54 AM

I lost over a stone last year and felt better for it, but over the winter period iv'e put the weight back on. I have always been a yo yo dieter and know i eat far too much so i need to cut down as i know its not good for my health..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:57 AM

I don't think I eat more than I need, I am very careful what I do eat and try to make sure I get the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:02 AM

I hardly ever eat meat these days and fish very rarely. I do eat quite a lot of vegetables and salad when forced to. I would much rather live on junk food but I know its not good for us.

I don't think I eat an excessive amount but yes, probably more than I need to and sometimes the wrong things. I also don't get much exercise these days.

Anyway, its difficult to type this whilst eating a big bag of Doritos.

If only smoking was good for us.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:41 PM

I try and keep to a healthy diet, i can't remrmber the last time i went to a chippy, must be about 30yrs ago. I've been in a McD once, but that was only for a coffee. But i do eat by the clock, when i may not be hungary, but i know it's time to eat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top