Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Re: Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Overall, I think it is women that can be over critical of other women, deciding whether or not they are too old, too fat, too skinny, too short or too tall to wear certain things.

Us blokes just enjoy the variety.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Overall, I think it is women that can be over critical of other women, deciding whether or not they are too old, too fat, too skinny, too short or too tall to wear certain things.

ABSOLUTELY!

https://pairedlife.com/etiquette/Top...to-Other-Women
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

We are all different, so I think being happy with how you look is important.
When we were young we all tried to look better than we did naturally, for many reasons.... but our reasons for enhancing how we look often change!

These days I want to look smart and confident when I go out, rather than glamorous and alluring. When I am home doing cooking and cleaning I wear jeans and T shirts, which are hardly glamorous but they are comfortable.

I just think that people are too judgmental about others, so I just look how I want to, rather than listen to anybody else's opinion. After all, if any of the people who call at my home care about how I look, why should I be bothered?....
But if anybody hears that Harry Bellafonte is likely to call, please let me know because I may want to look glamorous for him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all different, so I think being happy with how you look is important.
When we were young we all tried to look better than we did naturally, for many reasons.... but our reasons for enhancing how we look often change!

These days I want to look smart and confident when I go out, rather than glamorous and alluring. When I am home doing cooking and cleaning I wear jeans and T shirts, which are hardly glamorous but they are comfortable.

I just think that people are too judgmental about others, so I just look how I want to, rather than listen to anybody else's opinion. After all, if any of the people who call at my home care about how I look, why should I be bothered?....
But if anybody hears that Harry Bellafonte is likely to call, please let me know because I may want to look glamorous for him.
Harry has been going frantic trying to contact you Twink but I managed to keep him at bay for you.

Welcome back. xx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:42 AM

I guess I've never been a very glamorous person I like to be clean and like a few sparkles and a lot of colourful florals.More hippy than chic

A boss I used to work for was I think she thought glamorous but at 65 just looked a bit desperate, short black skirt, 5 inch high shoes, fishnet tights, low cut ruffled blouses, hair piled high in a bee hive. I didn't judge her for that really I just thought it might have been better if she hadn't tried to come on to all the men, anyone in trousers was fair game to her.

Men though gosh they were harsh, I was amazed at some comments, she wasn't hurting anyone with what she wore so I couldn't see why exactly. It might have course of been the constant sexual advances they were unhappy with.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-11-2018, 10:47 AM

I think we all know our individual limits, it's whether we adhere to them that's important.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Women are womens worst critics...
As for women like Joanna Lumley and Helen Mirren they have already had a very good bone structure and good genes to begin with ...nature has gifted them.
Having said that though I believe every woman has natural beauty in them whatever their genes or bone structure..
I think men just enjoy women for who they are and if they happen to be beautiful to look at then its a bonus
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Women should be able to dress however they want. What we wear is an expression of ourselves and gives the world a glimpse into the person we are so it is important to consider what type of image we create to others. Does it reflect who we are as a person and how we feel?

While glamorous isn’t a look I strive for, it is for some women and if that’s how they wish to present themselves then it’s none of anybody’s business but their own. Having said that, there is definitely appropriate and inappropriate dress to consider and are consequences for choosing unwisely.

Women who dress provocatively with behaviour that goes along with it, often come across as desperate looking, which isn’t very attractive regardless of how alluring they are and can be embarrassing for anyone to witness but women who are in great shape and dress fashionable but conservatively can look strikingly dignified. The difference between the two is paramount.

Women can be very critical of other women, which is a shame but, in all fairness, it’s also ingrained in us to be territorial in order to protect our family.
After all, if we befriended all the beautiful, sexy women, they might steal our man away so we have been conditioned throughout time to be cautious. Some women, however, can take it to an entirely different level though and it happens everywhere. We can certainly be caught with our claws showing.

Like Twink, I dress so that I’m comfortable and confident. That’s my main goal when I dress. If I happen to look good on top of that, then that’s a plus but it’s not my main concern.

I think I’m hippy and chic
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:37 AM

It's blokes fault, they start by wanting a calm cruise on the Nile, but can't take their eyes off the Pyramids.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:25 PM

Just for the young? Not at all. This is my friends' mom. The photo was taken when she was 91.

What's she doing right?

Sunglasses that are classic but in style (alluring with her hair, don't you think?).
Chic hair style. It's a little wind blown here, but you get the idea
Upturned collar (sometime turtlenecks). Hides turkey neck and jowls but frames the face. Few prints, tailored pieces. Lots of crisp, usually cotton, blouses.
Wears bright colors (red, coral, cobalt) in solids, but stays away from prints unless they on accessories like scarves. Avoids black that highlights wrinkles.
A little bit of a suntan
Earrings that add light to the face
Lip color..but most especially gloss; it makes lips look plumper
Light foundation.

Approachable and smiling, smiling, smiling....

aluminum formula

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top