Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41,451
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-09-2019, 11:20 PM
1

5G Networks

I can't pretend to understand all this G5 business very well, but this still alarmed me.
This is just part of an article I have just read:


" 5G's millimeter waves can't penetrate through buildings, walls, and other solid structures.
Based on recent trials, it seems even foliage or a human hand can provide a barrier.
To deal with this, 5G cellular networks require a mosaic (thousands, eventually millions and billions) of local, small cell towers that both emit and receive signals 24/7.

We are supposed to accept the fact that these small towers will be placed along our roads, on street lights, in front yards, outside of buildings and often even within them, in place of the wireless routers that currently run on much lower frequencies.
They will be almost everywhere, especially where populations are dense.
While G4 can support around 10,000 devices per square mile, it is estimated that 5G can support up to 2.5 million in the same area. On top of that, the number of satellites used to support 5G will likely go from around 2,000 currently, to some 20,000.

Existing radio frequency wavelengths are already conservatively classified by the World Health Organization as potential human carcinogens.
But the escalating rates of brain tumours among young people are providing ever more convincing evidence that this classification needs to be upgraded to the status of ' proven human carcinogen', a view advocated by long time World Health advisor and electromagnetic fields expert, Dr. Anthony Miller.

What's more, evidence of distruption in the searching and orientation behaviour of pollinators, birds, and other wildlife illustrates the other, more subtle ways radio frequencies can harm not only us, but the environment on which we depend."

*

There is a whole lot more to this article than the above, but I find that part alone really disturbing.
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,899
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 07:28 AM
2

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't pretend to understand all this G5 business very well, but this still alarmed me.
This is just part of an article I have just read:


" 5G's millimeter waves can't penetrate through buildings, walls, and other solid structures.
Based on recent trials, it seems even foliage or a human hand can provide a barrier.
To deal with this, 5G cellular networks require a mosaic (thousands, eventually millions and billions) of local, small cell towers that both emit and receive signals 24/7.

We are supposed to accept the fact that these small towers will be placed along our roads, on street lights, in front yards, outside of buildings and often even within them, in place of the wireless routers that currently run on much lower frequencies.
They will be almost everywhere, especially where populations are dense.
While G4 can support around 10,000 devices per square mile, it is estimated that 5G can support up to 2.5 million in the same area. On top of that, the number of satellites used to support 5G will likely go from around 2,000 currently, to some 20,000.

Existing radio frequency wavelengths are already conservatively classified by the World Health Organization as potential human carcinogens.

There is absolutely no evidence at all that these non ionising RF waves cause cancer - note the word 'potential' in the WHO classification, as the article says they are being conservative (they classify coffee/caffeine as the same potential hazard).

All evidence that RF can cause cancer has been gathered by subjecting rats etc to radiation far in excess of that any human would ever be subjected to.

The radiation from the sun is far more dangerous. These articles are written for the likes of our very own Realist who are gullible enough to believe it (remember his warning that smart meters are going to kill us with their radiation?).
Reply With Quote
Ciderman's Avatar
Ciderman
Senior Member
Ciderman is offline
Masterton, New Zealand
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 700
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:16 AM
3

Re: 5G Networks

Bruce is right! Sunlight (and the sunlight that we can't see) is far more damaging. So should we sit in the dark? I think not. I think this is a similar objection that was promulgated by the anti-vax brigade. The trouble with the internet is it allows opinions to circulate without any proof.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 40,066
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:38 AM
4

Re: 5G Networks

I am lucky if I can get 3G where I live so I don't even have a smart phone and 5G will pass me by....
Reply With Quote
Puddle Duck's Avatar
Puddle Duck
Senior Member
Puddle Duck is offline
Cheshire. UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,466
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 09:34 AM
5

Re: 5G Networks

Mups, 25 minutes , watch this 'till the end if you can. It's seems to be in two parts.
Very informative

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...click-5g-whizz
Reply With Quote
caricature's Avatar
caricature
Senior Member
caricature is offline
Devon,England.
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,588
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 10:11 AM
6

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am lucky if I can get 3G where I live so I don't even have a smart phone and 5G will pass me by....
We struggle with 3g at times,4g would be good.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41,451
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 12:51 PM
7

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There is absolutely no evidence at all that these non ionising RF waves cause cancer - note the word 'potential' in the WHO classification, as the article says they are being conservative (they classify coffee/caffeine as the same potential hazard).

All evidence that RF can cause cancer has been gathered by subjecting rats etc to radiation far in excess of that any human would ever be subjected to.

The radiation from the sun is far more dangerous. These articles are written for the likes of our very own Realist who are gullible enough to believe it (remember his warning that smart meters are going to kill us with their radiation?).


Maybe I'm more suspicious than you then, Bruce. I don't dismiss these things so easily.
I remember a long time ago, I had a Nokia phone which I couldn't use. After just a few minutes useage it used to start burning the side of my face, cheekbone and ear. Gave me terrible headaches too.
My face would still be aching and burning afterwards too, until I put cold flannels on it to cool my skin down.
I sent it back to the manufacturers. They reckon they checked it out and it was ok.
So why did it do that to me then?
Needless to say, I got rid of it.

Maybe some people are more susceptable than others do you think? Rather like some people can take certain medications that others can't?

Another thing. If it is as safe as you reckon, how do you explain it upsetting and disorientating wildlife?

There is big money involved here, and as is always the case, money talks and things get hushed up.
The article states that the stakeholders have no desire to fund research that might interfere with the rollout plan (due between 2020-2023).
The biggest stakeholder is Huawei, which has invested more in this technology than any other company, with it's sights set firmly on China and other big markets.

And what do you say about the discovery in Japan that male sperm motility is almost halved
by radiation of men who keep their mobile phones in their pockets?
The tests were carried out in an IVF Clinic. Sperm samples were placed next to a Wi-Fi router for periods of 30 mins, one hour, two hours, and 24 hrs.
The difference in motility started to appear after the two-hour mark. The samples had only 26% motility compared to 53% in the samples that not been exposed to any radiation.
After the 24 hr mark, 23% of the sperm exposed had died!

Apparently there is even an international appeal to sign to stop this 5G from happening.

www.5gspaceappeal.org.

Where there is an opportunity to make rich people even richer, they will jump at it imo.
Reply With Quote
Baz46's Avatar
Baz46
Senior Member
Baz46 is offline
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,299
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 02:12 PM
8

Re: 5G Networks

Where I live it's not possible to get 4G, if I didn't have wifi I would be unable to make or receive mobile calls indoors. Reception of 4G is only possible if I walk a few houses up the road though, great in winter or when it's raining!

"5G uses higher frequency waves than earlier mobile networks, allowing more devices to have access to the internet at the same time and at faster speeds.

These waves travel shorter distances through urban spaces, so 5G networks require more transmitter masts than previous technologies, positioned closer to ground level."


Some details on the link below of the current fears about 5G mobile networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48616174


Possibly some on here will recall similar fears about the effects of mobile phones on users when they were first introduced. Since then research has shown this not to be the case, the link below gives details (the last review date on this is 05 October 2018):

"Research so far shows that it is unlikely mobile phones could increase the risk of brain tumours or other types of cancer. But we still need to know more about any potential long-term effects."

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abo...nd-power-lines
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41,451
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 05:20 PM
9

Re: 5G Networks

Part of Baz's quote:

"Research so far shows that it is unlikely mobile phones could increase the risk of brain tumours or other types of cancer. But we still need to know more about any potential long-term effects."



Hello Baz, your quote above doesn't confirm for sure there is no link, does it. It only says "Unlikely", then finishes up by saying they still need to know more though!

To me that reads like they are not 100% sure.

It's like all the folks who thought they were doing the right thing by giving up cigarettes and turning to Vaping instead.
How can they say the long term affects of that when it hasn't been tested long term yet?

I read somewhere the other day, there have now been 5 deaths attributed to Vaping - SO FAR.

Time will tell whether this is just the beginning or not, but hey, the companies have been making a nice profit all this time anyway.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41,451
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 05:21 PM
10

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Mups, 25 minutes , watch this 'till the end if you can. It's seems to be in two parts.
Very informative

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...click-5g-whizz


I'll have a look this evening Puddles, thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.