Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 01:20 PM

Re: Dreams

I had a covid anxiety dream the other night. I was in a shopping centre surrounded by loads of people and it felt crowded but normal and happy. Then it suddenly dawned on me that we have a pandemic, nobody was wearing a mask and I had to get out of there and was then outside fretting about the dratted illness and what might happen in the future. Was a relief to wake up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 01:31 PM

How about this one then Annie........

I have a recurring dream that I'm deep under water and am swimming to the surface, I can see the sunlight dancing on the surface but never seem to get there. I've been holding my breath and when I wake up I am gasping for air and my heart is beating loudly in my chest just as if I had been swimming under water and running out of air....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How about this one then Annie........

I have a recurring dream that I'm deep under water and am swimming to the surface, I can see the sunlight dancing on the surface but never seem to get there. I've been holding my breath and when I wake up I am gasping for air and my heart is beating loudly in my chest just as if I had been swimming under water and running out of air....
The psychological interpretation is that something in your life is an overwhelming burden or worry and is causing you great anxiety which you are bottling up so it's coming up in your subconscious. There is hope but whatever is going on is trapping you.

If you don't have any difficulties you are avoiding facing in real life, then perhaps it's a subconscious fear of death or a memory of the trauma of birth. You could be worrying about death instead of enjoying life. Which doesn't sound like you. However, if you find the underlying reason the dream should stop. It's an anxiety dream so what is worrying you?

The alternative is that a physical condition is causing this. Sleeping position, lack of hydration, etc. but you have a pretty healthy diet and lifestyle so it's interesting.

I used to have recurring dreams for years and when I figured out and faced what was causing them they stopped just like that. Dream psychology is fascinating.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Are you winding us up?
Yes of course. It's what I do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The psychological interpretation is that something in your life is an overwhelming burden or worry and is causing you great anxiety which you are bottling up so it's coming up in your subconscious. There is hope but whatever is going on is trapping you.

If you don't have any difficulties you are avoiding facing in real life, then perhaps it's a subconscious fear of death or a memory of the trauma of birth. You could be worrying about death instead of enjoying life. Which doesn't sound like you. However, if you find the underlying reason the dream should stop. It's an anxiety dream so what is worrying you?

The alternative is that a physical condition is causing this. Sleeping position, lack of hydration, etc. but you have a pretty healthy diet and lifestyle so it's interesting.

I used to have recurring dreams for years and when I figured out and faced what was causing them they stopped just like that. Dream psychology is fascinating.
Thanks Annie very interesting.....
There is very little that worries me, however, my heart rate and blood pressure drop worryingly throughout the night, and an early morning check of both is sometimes disturbing. Did I mention an irregular heartbeat?...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-11-2020, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Annie very interesting.....
There is very little that worries me, however, my heart rate and blood pressure drop worryingly throughout the night, and an early morning check of both is sometimes disturbing. Did I mention an irregular heartbeat?...
I didn't want to worry you about health but it does seem a combination with the physical because you say you have breathlessness and palpitations on waking. But the dream itself seems that you are reliving some sort of trauma. I was wondering about your heart attack and whether you lost consciousness at the time, whether you'd had an operation perhaps. Do you remember when these dreams started?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes of course. It's what I do.
Anyway, we all know that Carrie doesn't live there anymore.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Anyway, we all know that Carrie doesn't live there anymore.
I didn't know that. Has he kicked her out or has she gone off in a huff?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I didn't know that. Has he kicked her out or has she gone off in a huff?
Carrie doesn't live here anymore
Carrie used to room on the second floor
Sorry that she left no forwarding address
That was known to me

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-11-2020, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Carrie doesn't live here anymore
Carrie used to room on the second floor
Sorry that she left no forwarding address
That was known to me

Oh, I think I get it.
Is that one of those 'pop songs' that keep appearing on here?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top