Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 05:50 PM

Re: To Pierce, or Not to Pierce: That is the Question

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
After more than a half century on the planet, I am thinking about getting my ears pierced.

The only downsides I see are the inconvenience of having one more thing to add to my daily routine, keeping track of them, or forgetting to take them out when I surf.

Thoughts?
Didja do it?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 11:34 PM

Mine have two piercings.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Didja do it?
Yes, I howled, screamed, and shivered just before they started but I survived....

Ha, not really.

After signing three pages of legalese (more documents than required to buy a house), they popped the earrings into something akin to a stapler and it was done in a flash. I think they were tickled with some of the questions I asked being such a novice and all.

Actually, Ruthio, your avatar was a mark put on the "pro" side when making my decision. I do like the way yours looked.

Strange thing though, I still look 57 .

The stupidest thing I did in this process was make mention of this idea to some friends who have since given me an insufferable amount of grief for waiting so long - and who now refer to me as "The Piercing Virgin".

I like my ears, but I need new friends.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:16 AM

I'm the only person I know who had their ears pierced twice and each time my ears swelled up and I had to let them heal over. It's annoying because there are lovely earrings for pierced ears.

Alas I have given up now and I pay a fortune for clip ons.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm the only person I know who had their ears pierced twice and each time my ears swelled up and I had to let them heal over. It's annoying because there are lovely earrings for pierced ears.

Alas I have given up now and I pay a fortune for clip ons.
Summer, you missed my post. I have two.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:53 PM

I've got 3 holes in each ear.

First ones were done when I was about 18, second ones...mid 20's I think, and the third ones were done spur of the moment when I went with someone else who was having their first ones done and they got a bit nervous, so I had mine done first so they could see exactly what happened.

I have since let the third holes close as they are on a thin part of the lobe and earrings were uncomfortable to wear there.

I have studs in 1 pair of holes and hoops in the other. I very rarely change them (for rarely read never) and hardly ever take them out.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
After more than a half century on the planet, I am thinking about getting my ears pierced.

The only downsides I see are the inconvenience of having one more thing to add to my daily routine, keeping track of them, or forgetting to take them out when I surf.

Thoughts?
Had sleepers in for first 6 weeks until healed also known as starter earrings. These types of earrings are sturdy and gentle enough to remain comfortable in your ear for long periods of time, as these earrings must remain in your ear until the piercing heals. Because you have to wear these earrings while you sleep, they have earned the nickname “sleeper earrings.”
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ah yes, the old 'passion wagon'
A favourite with all well heeled bank robbers....it was used in 95% of raids in the 70s
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Ow.

It's time to change them for the first time, but can't get the backs off the blasted things. Apparently this is common in new piercings.

My daughter is (rightly) laughing at me.

Pliers are next.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Summer, you missed my post. I have two.
We must be twins SP

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top