Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Re: Anyone thought about emigrating elsewhere?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Belize is the most beautiful country a nature lovers delight full of the most exotic animals and with an amazing culture .
And wonderful white sand Keyes
Unfortunately it's also attractive for drug runners and several of Americas most wanted too .
I liked it......a country of total contradiction.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 08:12 PM

I'd love my children to move to Adelade in Australia , I'd go with them , we would have no one to miss here in the UK. I keep asking my son in law to check out the work there . I'm sure life would be better for them , and for me too . They just smile at me though , so looks like I'm stuck in the UK now .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'd love my children to move to Adelade in Australia , I'd go with them , we would have no one to miss here in the UK. I keep asking my son in law to check out the work there . I'm sure life would be better for them , and for me too . They just smile at me though , so looks like I'm stuck in the UK now .
One question we'd have to ask....would they want us to go with them?

Or should I say...would their wife/hubby want their in-law(s) to accompany them?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 07:57 AM

Tpin , that made me smile , and of course your right . I've told the kids I'd sell my house and put a large amount towards a house with them , but I'd want my own little flat and front door that's for sure . Son in law is a nice guy and we get on well .

Any way it won't happen cause they don't want to go
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2017, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Tpin , that made me smile , and of course your right . I've told the kids I'd sell my house and put a large amount towards a house with them , but I'd want my own little flat and front door that's for sure . Son in law is a nice guy and we get on well .

Any way it won't happen cause they don't want to go
You devil......it's usually builders after planning permission that use tactics like this.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 08:19 AM

When my children were young I had some regrets that they didn't have many relatives here other than some cousins on my wife's side. They tell me they never felt they missed out and it has to be said thatthey made a lot of friends at school (even at kindi) and among neighbours.

Now they have very extended families of their own but I was aware of it when they were young.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:35 AM

It's all very well Brits staying out in the sunny countries during winter months, to 'save on heating their homes', but to avoid the risk of frost and flood damage, they still need heating anyway!!

When the flat above me became vacant, it was empty into December, and that worried me, because it was getting mighty chilly, and I wondered if the heating was on or not. I've suffered enough with leaks from the kitchen AND bathroom.

If I went away for weeks on end in the winter, I'd still keep my heating on.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It's all very well Brits staying out in the sunny countries during winter months, to 'save on heating their homes', but to avoid the risk of frost and flood damage, they still need heating anyway!!

When the flat above me became vacant, it was empty into December, and that worried me, because it was getting mighty chilly, and I wondered if the heating was on or not. I've suffered enough with leaks from the kitchen AND bathroom.

If I went away for weeks on end in the winter, I'd still keep my heating on.
Drain down like a caravan/boat left over winter.

Most heating systems have a frost setting.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Mine don't! And I'm damned if I was to drain my pipes!!

And the valve to the hot water pipe into the kitchen cannot be turned off. It's knackered.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 11:25 PM

In response to the OP...

All the time Azz....all the time

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top