Join for free
Page 11 of 42 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
There is currently no Trade Deal in the world which allows free access to services.
Then perhaps we should try to create one. As I understand it, Brexit or no Brexit, the world understands the value of the London financial centre and, I'm sure, would welcome its continuance after we are an independent country again. Independence, of course, can be a distinct advantage when dealing with customer countries.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Hi

The big deserter is Boris.

His latest pronouncement, he would rather stay in than leave without a deal on Services.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That seems a very fair assessment Meg. He led the battle to leave, but deserted half way through the battle. Surely no good leader would leave till the battle had been won?
I don't know. I suspect that he, after successfully achieving a referendum on EU membership and then seeing that we had voted to leave, felt that was enough.

Any other country would have accepted a clear democratic decision and would then have pulled together to achieve that demand.

Not Broken Britain, though. One thing at which we are world leaders is arguing among ourselves.

In his shoes, I think I'd have said "Sod it", and "Leave them to it, then", and would have gone off somewhere I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting my time. He was received very well in America, I believe.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The big deserter is Boris.

His latest pronouncement, he would rather stay in than leave without a deal on Services.
Boris is disillusioned. They are not going to give us a deal on services. They are not going to give us anything.

To do so would encourage others to see the light and follow us out.

We should just stop all this procrastinating and leave.

Yes, we shall lose money, but so will the EU and possibly more than we do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't know. I suspect that he, after successfully achieving a referendum on EU membership and then seeing that we had voted to leave, felt that was enough.

Any other country would have accepted a clear democratic decision and would then have pulled together to achieve that demand.

Not Broken Britain, though. One thing at which we are world leaders is arguing among ourselves.

In his shoes, I think I'd have said "Sod it", and "Leave them to it, then", and would have gone off somewhere I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting my time. He was received very well in America, I believe.
I think the death threats to him and his family had an effect too, he was not protected well IMO and had a lot to put up with from the crazed remainers. People not able to accept he was entitled to an opinion.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He thought it was won as many of us did. The one deserter was Cameron, that was real cowardice IMO
No Julie, he knew the battle wasn't won until we were actually no longer part of the EU... he just stayed till the referendum was won! He had been at enough EU meetings to know that they wouldn't let us go without a fight!
Cameron wasn't a deserter, because he never wanted us to leave in the first place.
He was a coward though, because after learning that he didn't understand his public, he turned tails and ran because he had made no plans for us to leave, should the vote go that way!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Then perhaps we should try to create one. As I understand it, Brexit or no Brexit, the world understands the value of the London financial centre and, I'm sure, would welcome its continuance after we are an independent country again. Independence, of course, can be a distinct advantage when dealing with customer countries.
Hi

The USA and Japan do not allow trade deals with Services.

We, the UK, have been the biggest mover in the EU, to protect our Services and have refused any Trade Deal which suggested them.

80% of our Economy is Services, Boris, when he was Mayor of London, was very vocal in protecting them.

There will not be massive job losses in the City, London will still be a World Centre.

What will happen is that small numbers of staff will be transferred to the EU.

The Tax will be paid in the EU, that being where the deal is done.

Even on the most restrictive analysis, the EU will make a profit of £12 Billion a year on Brexit.

There will be absolutely no saving of £350 Million a week and we must either have more Austerity or more Tax.

I knew this when I voted to leave, I have planned for it.

I refuse point blank to be Governed by the EU.

It is now up to our Politicians to make a success of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No Julie, he knew the battle wasn't won until we were actually no longer part of the EU... he just stayed till the referendum was won! He had been at enough EU meetings to know that they wouldn't let us go without a fight!
Cameron wasn't a deserter, because he never wanted us to leave in the first place.
He was a coward though, because after learning that he didn't understand his public, he turned tails and ran because he had made no plans for us to leave, should the vote go that way!
So you'd want him to put up with years more death threats for him and his family. I think he decided to get out after that event in Scotland where he was almost lynched by the crowd.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So you'd want him to put up with years more death threats for him and his family. I think he decided to get out after that event in Scotland where he was almost lynched by the crowd.
No but i would expect any politician to understand that there will always be threats from a bunch idiots that don't like his policies. There would be no such thing as politicians if they all ran away from threats.... but they do get better security than most!
Why did he go and support Trump, if he was afraid? There is more chance of being shot there than in the UK!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-01-2018, 01:42 PM

Boris is disillusioned. They are not going to give us a deal on services. They are not going to give us anything.

To do so would encourage others to see the light and follow us out.

We should just stop all this procrastinating and leave.

Yes, we shall lose money, but so will the EU and possibly more than we do.

Hi

I am not an idiot JBR.

We are in no position to just leave at all.

We have no systems in place to collect WTO Tariffs and are years away from controlling Immigration.

I do not believe in self harm.

It will not hurt the EU, they have a comprehensive system in place to collect Tariffs.

We do not.

We will get a Trade Deal on Manufactured Goods and Agricultural Products, this will suit the EU, but not the UK.

The EU will not be losing more than we do, even on WTO Tariffs, they will be paying more than we do, but will make it back on Services.

That does not change my view on the reasons for leaving, but to suggest that we will be better off is a nonsense.

I have no wish intention or desire to remain in the EU, but I do accept that there is a cost to that.

I am quite prepared to lose the triple lock on my State Pension and for a 20% Increase in Taxation.

It is worth it for me.

I have covered it in Polish Zloty and Taiwanese Dollars, a 20% increase since the vote, courtesy of my astute kids.

Page 11 of 42 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top