Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Bedrooms/beds/showers

When we moved to our present home in 2012, I bagged the bedroom with the en-suite, my husband has the larger of the three double bedrooms, which has the main bathroom just opposite it.

We have single beds, which we prefer these days. It is also easier to change the beds, we had a kingsize bed about 20 years ago, when we shared a room, and even in those days I found that a bit of a struggle especially when putting a clean duvet cover on.

I prefer a shower to a bath, always have. My husband has a shower each morning, but loves a bath too, but he does find it a great struggle to get out of the bath these days. I have suggested that it would be embarrassing if I had to call the fire brigade to haul him out, and it would be better if he refrained from having one, for once he has actually listened to me.

What sleeping and bathing arrangements do other posters prefer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Re: Bedrooms/beds/showers

If you go to the DIY thread you will see we are having an ensuite upgraded/renewed. Sue prefers showers but due to near death accident as a young child, water over the face leaves me in a panic and gasping to breathe so it is bath for me..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 03:03 PM

I'm in half of the big bedroom we divided it in half so we could make another bedroom, I have a queen size bed, my husband is across the hall in the smaller bedroom in a single bed, Gracie has other half of the bigger room and a single. We also have a pull down bed in the living room that Nathan uses.

One bathroom one shower. It's a rush and dash for first in the morning
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 03:05 PM

We are fortunate we have three loos in our home, my husband could get into the Guinness Book of records for the number of times he needs to empty his bladder!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 03:11 PM

We have been known to have a queue form T but no room for another so crossed legs it is.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We have been known to have a queue form T but no room for another so crossed legs it is.
Unfortunately my husband is not able to hold it. I blame his mother, as he has had a problem, not as bad as it is now, since I met him when we were teenagers. As a nipper, his mother would ask him if he needed the loo, he would say, 'No Mummy', but she would tell him to go anyway! He has a dodgy prostate these days, which doesn't help, it is not enlarged but has black spots on it, which were discovered in 2004. He has a very high PSA which goes up and down like a yoyo, the jury is still out on whether he has prostate cancer, as his much older brother has.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 03:36 PM

We share a room and the bed. We have 3 bedrooms, good job as the grands arrive up here most holidays. We have 2 bathrooms, 1 at the bedroom end of the house, and 1 just inside the back/garden door.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 04:29 PM

we have 3 bedrooms , ours with a king size bed, would never think of having separate beds or rooms, but everyone to their own, two bathrooms one up one down , I have up one Mrs N has down one then I cant be accused of moving her stuff, so many tubes and pots and sprays and well all sorts
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 04:34 PM

I removed the bath in our house and replaced it with a 1400 shower cubicle. Neither of us have ever liked baths.

Bed is a Kingsize which requires two persons to change the duvet cover and never fails to cause an argument.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
we have 3 bedrooms , ours with a king size bed, would never think of having separate beds or rooms, but everyone to their own, two bathrooms one up one down , I have up one Mrs N has down one then I cant be accused of moving her stuff, so many tubes and pots and sprays and well all sorts
My husband snores and I kick the duvet on and off all night, which used to lead to some frank discussions, so in the end we decided that separate rooms would suit us best. I have absolutely no regrets about that, I like my sleeping space to myself.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top