Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Alternative lifestyle

When I was in MacDonald's car park the other night munching on my big Mac and chips, I noticed a converted large transit van pull up and a young lady get out and go in buy takeaway and return to the van to eat.
I think but could not be sure, that she was living in the van.

An ex girlfriend told me after she had got the money from her divorce had planned to do this but chickened out and regretted it.
I used to, a long time ago, post on a site where people lived in converted vehicles or lived in unusual places in an alternative lifestyle, an an ex boss had told me she had lived in a converted truck for a while.

I think I'm too ill to do this now but wish I could have done this.
Has anyone here done this at all or would like to do this.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 03:15 PM

Re: Alternative lifestyle

Probably not, to used to my home comforts, especially when the weathers not at its best . I did once consider a narrow boat but never got round to it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
Probably not, to used to my home comforts, especially when the weathers not at its best . I did once consider a narrow boat but never got round to it.
My middle daughter and family live on two narrow boats in Warwickshire, they love the life style, although the mooring fees are incredibly expensive.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 03:59 PM

I'd love to experience living on a narrow boat or a large camper van . I won't do it alone though so it'll never happen , it's just a fantasy now . But to be able to get up and decide to move on that day would be different .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Would have loved to have find that, we did have various vans we converted ready to go then always something happened kept us here. Too late now too ill and tied to school life etc to do it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:19 PM

We have had several canal boat holidays when our children were young, not to my taste at all. Funnily enough, I remember our girl, who has now embraced the life style, refusing to come on one of those holidays with us when she was about 13, saying it would be too boring. How times have changed.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My middle daughter and family live on two narrow boats in Warwickshire, they love the life style, although the mooring fees are incredibly expensive.
Yes I did here from a couple I knew that it did prove very expensive in some places to moor up.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Yes I did here from a couple I knew that it did prove very expensive in some places to moor up.
My daughter and family have a permanent mooring, which is about £2000 a month, I think. They have their own garden with shed and sun house as well as parking for their cars.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:37 PM

I'd go for a yurt in the woods, a llama and a loom
Tezza
Kent

22-02-2018, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My daughter and family have a permanent mooring, which is about £2000 a month, I think. They have their own garden with shed and sun house as well as parking for their cars.
Wow that is steep. ❓

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top