Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Re: Security Light.

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I have tacked wooden carpet grippers, anyone attempting to climb over ( like the little buggers raiding my pear tree) get a sharp pain in their hands.
The police don’t like people using razor wire
I'm surprised that the police haven't charged you for using carpet grippers.

You know how they don't like law-abiding people hurting their nice criminal friends!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 06:50 PM

I am waiting for some jobsworth to come and lecture me on the error of my ways
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Lights alone are not the answer, burglars can pop them out with an air gun but along with cctv, locks and alarms they will make a good deterrent . Burglars want an easy life, the more barriers you put in place the better. The chances of you being burgled are pretty slim and in the plus side will help reduce your home insurance.
I have a 6’ wood fence at the rear of our property and along the top inside edge I have tacked wooden carpet grippers, anyone attempting to climb over ( like the little buggers raiding my pear tree) get a sharp pain in their hands.
The police don’t like people using razor wire
Unfortunately it is illegal to put spikes broken glass or anything on a boundary perimeter that is intended to cause personal injury. That is even if it is within your boundary property

What you can do though is paint a non drying substance on the fence such as thick tar (roofing type "hint") that is hard to remove especially off clothing.Or some other substance as long as it doesn't cause personal injury

The latter will have more effect when the little darlings go home covered in it
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:22 PM

In my case the carpet grippers are on the inside of the fence, how do we stand legally on that?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Rehab44

You are still liable, the intention is to cause injury which is the criteria the law goes by, irrespective of what or where you use.
If a little darling got injured you stand no chance if a claim is made against you. You could even find yourself in court charged with causing personal injury

This is why I suggested an alternative (creosote maybe, used engine oil??????)

Wow me being serious, must be the weather we are having has softened my brain
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

30-05-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Rehab44

You are still liable, the intention is to cause injury which is the criteria the law goes by, irrespective of what you use.
If a little darling got injured you stand no chance if a claim is made against you. You could even find yourself in court charged with causing personal injury

This is why I suggested an alternative
Thanks for that mate, interesting, I guess my plan for land mines is a bit of a no no too.
I will think on re your alternative ta muchly
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

30-05-2018, 07:49 PM

Thanks for that mate, interesting, I guess my plan for land mines is a bit of a no no too.
I will think on re your alternative ta muchly
I was thinking of say a 2 inch? or so thick strip of this painted on the fence top. Says forms a skin but stays soft underneath

https://www.bcprofiles.co.uk/everbui...YaAlc5EALw_wcB

or one of their other products, you could ask in wickes

Just an idea
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

30-05-2018, 07:57 PM

I was thinking of say a 2 inch? or so thick strip of this painted on the fence top. Says forms a skin but stays soft underneath

https://www.bcprofiles.co.uk/everbui...YaAlc5EALw_wcB

or one of their other products, you could ask in wickes

Just an idea
Cheers, thanks for the link, will think on about that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:09 PM

I am waiting for some jobsworth to come and lecture me on the error of my ways
I've done the same in the past, but these days I wouldn't dare. Criminals seem to have more protection than the rest of us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-05-2018, 08:12 PM

Unfortunately it is illegal to put spikes broken glass or anything on a boundary perimeter that is intended to cause personal injury. That is even if it is within your boundary property

What you can do though is paint a non drying substance on the fence such as thick tar (roofing type "hint") that is hard to remove especially off clothing.Or some other substance as long as it doesn't cause personal injury

The latter will have more effect when the little darlings go home covered in it
I believe that you may not do that without adding a clear warning notice that it is present.

Another means of protecting those nice criminals.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top