Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:47 PM

Interesting Collections.

Are you a collector of anything?

if so what do/have you collected?....what's it worth in today's market?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:57 PM

Re: Interesting Collections.

`I dont collect anything. My husband used to collect stamps, and I still have a lot of his loose stamps to try to mount.Afriend collects thimbles ,she has a lot,but her son has told her he wont keep them when she dies
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:17 PM

I'm not a collector because I can't do with clutter but my husband is a collector of clocks, he doesn;t realise it though. Everywhere I look in the house there is a damn clock because he's forever buying them from charity shops, drives me nuts, I'm already aware of my time passing by so quickly without being reminded *sigh* Good job I love him or I could quite easily kill him haha
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:21 PM

When I was a young boy, I collected stamps. I filled an album by buying monthly stamps on approval. I still have them and they are worth a mint.

Just one mint, not even a whole packet.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:25 PM

I collect breathes - about 20 per minute - quite interesting actually as the buddhist monk said to the actress!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:04 PM

I collect a lot of things, in my house it's mostly dust though.
What do you collect, Pauline?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:31 PM

I am not really a collector but l do love musical boxes.
I have one shaped like a radiogram. One a bit like a carousel and two normal jewellery boxes.
One of the boxes, a friend of mine whose son lived in Japan, got him to get it for my birthday some years back.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:44 PM

My OH's father is a very keen coin collector or numismatist if you want to be posh.
I'd like to be able to do it but mine seem to disappear.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I collect a lot of things, in my house it's mostly dust though.
What do you collect, Pauline?

I dont collect anything, my son is an avid collector,
although of late he has slowed down,his cupboard full collection is still here,of old games,console, i will ask him when he rings if i can post a picture.

ArtAngel,i also love jewellery boxes, i will definitely be getting a few,like you i love unusual, those ring and stands,don't come anywhere near ,as elegant and beautiful as a jewellery box,but that is just my opinion.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:14 AM

I don't deliberately collect anything, but have lots of objects in the form of owls.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top