Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 04:44 PM

Re: Dogs in this heat

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He is stunning .
I have a border collie rescue .
He hates water .
Odd thing with ours is if there are puddles on the footpath he will skirt round them yet, as you can see, he was happy to get in that water.
And thank you for your kind comment. Yes, we think he looks quite striking - but we would..............
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 06:02 PM

I think I'm really lucky here as far as dog walking facilities are concerned. The nature reserve is 5 minutes walk away from my house, that 5 minutes is in full sun, but once you're in the reserve it's all shady, plenty of tall trees and shrubs to cast shadows.

There's a lake (but Bailie can't go in it as she has a tendency to pick up water borne bugs which make her ill plus it's rife with blue/green algae) but around 2 sides of the lake there's a stream she can get into if she feels the need, the water moves and is clean enough for her to drink. We do about 40 minutes round there in the evenings.

Her main walk though is at around 6.45am for about an hour, before it gets hot, when we can go anywhere we want.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We waited till 7pm last night to take him on his walkies, it was much more comfortable for him and us as it had cooled to a lovely temperature. We took him to a large lake and always take a bottle of water and plastic dish with us as well as the doggy doo equipment! I cant stand it when I see someone's dog pooing and the owner doesn't pick it up. It's not hard to clean up after our dogs and totally irresponsible of the owners who dont pick up.

If only all owners were as clued up

I always say to dog owners who are out there in the heat of the day to take their tops and shoes off and see how long they would last

I no longer have a dog . When I did, did I care about him looking beautywith a show coat? Did I eck. Come the summer he got shaved ( cocker spaniel btw) We walked early morning - before 8am and again at 9 or 10pm.

With Alfie, here in the country , I’d load the back pack with his bowl and water bottles and then walk about a mile to a wee spot that had a stream in the shade and sat there for the afternoon reading whilst he did what dogs do, in the shade, plenty of rest and lots of water
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I
I always say to dog owners who are out there in the heat of the day to take their tops and shoes off and see how long they would last
Would you? Do you?
I don't but then I'm not out in the heat of the day. Are you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 07:29 PM

These people, Hyperdrug, do quite a few dog cooling items:

https://mailchi.mp/hyperdrug/fun-in-...7?e=282c2aae0f

They're OK too, I've dealt with them for years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 07:32 PM

We spent the morning on the beach today and saw lots of doggies having a great time in the water, where the river meets the sea. They absolutely loved it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Would you? Do you?
I don't but then I'm not out in the heat of the day. Are you?
Yes I have said this to dog walkers when I was out there myself in the heat of the day doing market research

Why would I lie?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

26-06-2018, 09:42 PM

Yes I have said this to dog walkers when I was out there myself in the heat of the day doing market research

Why would I lie?
I can't imagine instructing a total stranger to do that. Which is why I doubt that you did.
Mel15
Nowhere

26-06-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I can't imagine instructing a total stranger to do that. Which is why I doubt that you did.
Well you can think what you like

I can assure you I have laid into people for trading dogs abysmally

Only last Tuesday whilst in the vets with my cat I called the guy sat beside me in the waiting room a puppy farmer and a disgrace to breeders

Now you may not wish to put your nose above the parapet for something you feel strongly about, but I will and always have done

So please stop trying to make me out to be a liar

Im not
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

26-06-2018, 09:53 PM

So please stop trying to make me out to be a liar
Please read what I posted, not what you think I posted.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top