Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:08 AM

Re: Odd cat behaviour.

Yes I wondered if it was the heat too. I have three cats they seem to be coping with the heat ok but they are very fractious maybe it just too warm for him right now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can understand that dongles.
My friend's cat has just got his pelvis broken from being hit by a car.

I don't suppose there is a new cat in the neighbourhood is there? An uneutered tom bullying yours perhaps? A new dog or even a neighbour perhaps shooing her off that's upsetting her?
Haven't seen any new kids on the block Mups tbh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Could be that it is a comfortable spot in the heat.
It could well be that Annie. I was just getting concerned because it has been going on for so long. They normally change after a while but yes, it could be just that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have never been without a cat for 45 years & am still surprised by their odd behavior at times!

Olly, my bravest one, would let any strange cats know that his garden was his territory, until one who seemed to be looking for a fight came round and attacked him. He became nervous and it took me about 6 months to get rid of his nerves!

Get a small water pistol and, if the stronger of yours starts a fight, give him a squirt! They hate getting wet so it will soon stop him fighting.
They are so territorial that they need to prove who is the boss. I am with them most of the time, so when one of mine does it I shout and say " Get to bed" and amazingly that is just where they go till they have calmed down.

Try spending a little time stroking the weaker one, to let it know it is safe where you are!
Good luck.
hw ha, that's funny Twink, telling them to go to bed.

Yeah, we always give them loads of fuss wherever they are and I have been paying her even more attention recently. Maybe she just likes the extra attention.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I wondered if it was the heat too. I have three cats they seem to be coping with the heat ok but they are very fractious maybe it just too warm for him right now.
Our other cat has taken to sleeping in the bathroom which is cool on the tiles and to be honest, she hasn't been so mobile as she normally is either.

Maybe I'm just being over cautious.

They both seem absolutely fine health wise, they are alert, eating and drinking well.

When I got up this morning, she must have been upstairs. She came flying past me, straight up onto her usual spot, so maybe it is just a terratorial thing after all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Our other cat has taken to sleeping in the bathroom which is cool on the tiles and to be honest, she hasn't been so mobile as she normally is either.

Maybe I'm just being over cautious.

They both seem absolutely fine health wise, they are alert, eating and drinking well.

When I got up this morning, she must have been upstairs. She came flying past me, straight up onto her usual spot, so maybe it is just a terratorial thing after all.
Maybe....Good luck at the vets anyway I agree it's worth mentioning.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Maybe....Good luck at the vets anyway I agree it's worth mentioning.
Yes, i will mention it to him.

thanks all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Hope theres nothing wrong and its just cat being cat
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Hope theres nothing wrong and its just cat being cat
Thanks Missy.

It seems to be more of a mental thing than physical. Cat's can be weird at the best of times as I'm sure you know.

Hope Arthur is ok btw.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 04:52 PM

Well, she been looked over by the vet (they both have) and there are no problems. The vets said she had heard of other cats doing the same thing and it is because of the heat. Although there are cooler places to sit, she cannot be bothered to look for them.

Sounds a bit like me really.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top