Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Game of Thrones series 1 episode 1

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Watch it LD, you won't regret it. A brilliant series.
Originally Posted by mart ->
Follow it LD. It's a ripping yarn. Quite rude in places, so maybe not for viewing if young family is around.
My kids have told me it's not suitable for me
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:34 PM

Ever so slightly off topic. Several scenes were filmed at Doune castle. About 8 miles from where I now live. My daughter got married there at the same time as the beginning of the series. And Sean Bean. Worried that filming might damage the grounds outside of the castle, kindly sent a magnum of champagne to all of the brides (my daughter included) as an apology in case it ruined the photographs. Which was a very thoughtful gesture.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Ever so slightly off topic. Several scenes were filmed at Doune castle. About 8 miles from where I now live. My daughter got married there at the same time as the beginning of the series. And Sean Bean. Worried that filming might damage the grounds outside of the castle, kindly sent a magnum of champagne to all of the brides (my daughter included) as an apology in case it ruined the photographs. Which was a very thoughtful gesture.
Well he is a Yorkshireman.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->

That was very nice of him. I have visited Doune Castle a few times, last time in May. Of course there is also the connection to Outlander.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree ruthio. Too violent and too much nudity for your tender eyes and ears.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:35 PM

O YES

But they did have nice bodys and lovely tits.

But then it got serious with heads cut off and such like.

Did like the scene when Bolton stated "My dogs love me"
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My mother is 86 and loves it, as does her best friend who is around the same age. Give it a go.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
My mother is 86 and loves it, as does her best friend who is around the same age. Give it a go.
Wow, respect!

I don't mind the sex, I love any amount of that even if it's Very Naughty, which I gather it is.

No, it's the violence I can't handle.

I walked in on That Scene in Handmaiden...heaven knows the plot, I was just changing channels, but I took one look at the blindfolds and the long line of gallows and ran from the room

Heads chopped off, throats cut, blood and gore...yikes, I'm the original wimp.
I need to be entertained not revolted!

Perhaps your mum could give me lessons
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 09:23 PM

I too have never watched GOT.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to go watch it or not.

Thing is I have always been a huge Tolkein fan and love the LOTR movies.

GOT to me seems like just a bunch of ham actors dressed in medieval costumes in just another US type series. I could be wrong of course.

With Tolkein there was a lot of depth, lots of character development, lots of Lore and so on. Does GOT come anywhere near this?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I too have never watched GOT.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to go watch it or not.

Thing is I have always been a huge Tolkein fan and love the LOTR movies.

GOT to me seems like just a bunch of ham actors dressed in medieval costumes in just another US type series. I could be wrong of course.

With Tolkein there was a lot of depth, lots of character development, lots of Lore and so on. Does GOT come anywhere near this?
Absolutely it does Realist....I would highly recommend that you see it ,you will not be disappointed.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top