Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:56 AM

Referendum caused by 'austerity' policies.

Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' brought about the 'referendum' and the undesired results thereof by their austerity policies and the attack on benefits and the demonisation of benefit claimants.

Wouldn't this be ironic, if ultimately, it brought about the destruction of the scumbag 'nasty party' itself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8466306.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Re: Referendum caused by 'austerity' policies.

Rubbish!

Immigration caused the Brexit vote.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Rubbish!

Immigration caused the Brexit vote.

And your counterpoising evidence for your opinion is???
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 11:20 AM

Personally I think the reasons were many and varied, but for me the overwhelming demand for a referendum stemmed from seeing the way that we were treated more and more with an utter contempt by the establishment generally, and particularly by the arrogant elite of the EU and the ECJ, who seemed to be ruling over us ever more by dictat rather than by any democratic process, and charging us the earth for the privilidge. Those few facts certainly fuelled my desire for a say...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 11:27 AM

I agree with Longdogs, UJ. One could say that all the fault lies with New Labour. New Labour sent out word to the world and his wife that Britain was an open door. They completely ignored the real worries of the indiginous population with evermore overcrowding of schools, housing, doctors surgeries and hospitals of people living in the heartlands outside of the London Bubble, their answer to those worries was to threaten people who dared to complain, with court and prison sentences for race-hate, and being labelled racist!. very effective.

Then, when the Tories came into power and the populace thought they may at last start to control the numbers, they did nothing! one word from their masters in Brussels, Cameron was sent scuttling back home with a flea in his ear and immigration was allowed to continue to flourish.

It has always been about the immigration numbers UJ. It couldn't carry on the way it was. The Referendum was the ONLY way the people knew they would have any chance of the numbers ever being controlled. I'm sure that was the very reason so many voted to Leave. When the Liberal Elite and Brussels completely ignored the obvious will of the people to control immigration, the Leave vote was a way of telling them we would not be ignored any longer over something that did not effect those living in London and other large cities, but was having a terrible effect on the poorer areas of this country where the worst effects of mass immigration was being endured every day.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I agree with Longdogs, UJ. One could say that all the fault lies with New Labour. New Labour sent out word to the world and his wife that Britain was an open door. They completely ignored the real worries of the indiginous population with evermore overcrowding of schools, housing, doctors surgeries and hospitals of people living in the heartlands outside of the London Bubble, their answer to those worries was to threaten people who dared to complain, with court and prison sentences for race-hate, and being labelled racist!. very effective.

Then, when the Tories came into power and the populace thought they may at last start to control the numbers, they did nothing! one word from their masters in Brussels, Cameron was sent scuttling back home with a flea in his ear and immigration was allowed to continue to flourish.

It has always been about the immigration numbers UJ. It couldn't carry on the way it was. The Referendum was the ONLY way the people knew they would have any chance of the numbers ever being controlled. I'm sure that was the very reason so many voted to Leave. When the Liberal Elite and Brussels completely ignored the obvious will of the people to control immigration, the Leave vote was a way of telling them we would not be ignored any longer over something that did not effect those living in London and other large cities, but was having a terrible effect on the poorer areas of this country where the worst effects of mass immigration was being endured every day.
Well said
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Another excellent post.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I live in the real World.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well said
Originally Posted by Judd ->
Another excellent post.
More people living in the real World UJ.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
UJ.

A poster stated why he voted for Brexit and a lot did about immigration but you sneer at that

I respect that view of yours as I respect the other posters view.

What I don't respect is your nasty retorts which you use and have no come back to their point

I voted for Brexit because I wanted my country back and the abilty to be able again to pass laws rightly or wrongly by an elected body I voted for

The EU is Commie type state with a face like Hitler or Stalin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top