Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:07 PM

Prescriptions by post

I just saw an advert for a service approved by the NHS whereby your drugs are posted out to you. It's all arranged online between your GP and a pharmacy and the Royal Mail.

I wouldn't like this as there is the chance of things getting lost or stolen via post. I can appreciate that those who live in very rural areas may like it though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Re: Prescriptions by post

I am going to pick up my husband's meds at 2pm when the local pharmacy reopens after lunch. They will deliver them for free to those who wish them to do so, but I don't like to put them to that bother.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:50 PM

I initially thought having a prescription delivered by post was a good idea.
My doctors with a pharmacy is over 5 miles away and it can be a pain getting there once a month when the river is in flood so I mentioned it to the pharmacist and apparently she and other pharmacists frown on this services whatever advertisements would have us think .
You also have to pay postage so it is not entirely free as suggested and you have been at home to sign for the parcel or go and collect it from the post office.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am going to pick up my husband's meds at 2pm when the local pharmacy reopens after lunch. They will deliver them for free to those who wish them to do so, but I don't like to put them to that bother.

I am doing likewise today, tara...at my pharmacy. But, sending scripts out to patients by mail...doesn't sit right with me. They could possible fall into the wrong hands...and therein lies the problem.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:07 PM

I have a monthly check up blood test at the hospital then pick up my medication 2 days later at the same hospital.
I got a letter telling me I could have them delivered and to ask at the hospital as I got my check up, they had no knowledge of the scheme.
I emailed the address on the letter, no reply, asked at the pharmacy when picking up my meds, no joy from them either.

It is privately run for profit I understand, part of the slow privatisation of the NHS, somebody pays for it straight out of NHS funds.
I have also been receiving letters about in home eye tests and check ups for COPD at my local surgery by The Outside Clinic "Providing NHS Services"

I don't like it at all......privatisation by stealth.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:42 PM

I rather thought it was beyond the NHS's normal remit. My pharmacy will deliver, at no cost, but I always try and get there as I live close by and don't want to add to their workload.

The only exception was when my G.P. came to see me with 2 bottles of liquid morphine during a blizzard at the end of February, I wasn't expecting her; it's not far but was very good of her and she stayed 20 minutes and had a chat about my health.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:51 PM

I really don’t like the idea of prescriptions being sent by post. It will mean the beginning of the end for the local pharmacies and they are so useful when needing advice.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:40 PM

I dont like this idea,but it may be useful to to a lot of people .I used to pick up my medicine when I went shopping,I would get my prescription from my Drs,having ordered it on line,then Id habd it in to Boots pharmacy ,go & do my shopping & it would be ready when I got back,But then I saw that our local pharmacy would collect my prescription from our Drs & deliver it free to those who find it difficult to go themselves,so I changed to them.They are very good,I often have extra items during the month & these are delivered
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I really don’t like the idea of prescriptions being sent by post. It will mean the beginning of the end for the local pharmacies and they are so useful when needing advice.
I understood it was delivery by a dedicated courier service.
My medication has to come from the hospital pharmacy, chemists just wouldn't have them.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I understood it was delivery by a dedicated courier service.
My medication has to come from the hospital pharmacy, chemists just wouldn't have them.
There will always be exceptions but we can all see what is happening to the high street as we buy more and more on line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top