Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:49 PM

What a change

On Monday I mentioned to a GP at my surgery , who I had never seen before, that I was getting a lot of pain from my back,she seemed quite concerned,said as I had a melanoma my pain could be cancer spreading & told me to get in touch with my Oncologist to request a scan, I had not had time to do anything as it has only been a couple of days ,so imagine my surprise to get a phone call from my Cancer hospital to go there today re my GPs request.I saw a member of the Cancer team & he is arranging for me to have a CT scan soon
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: What a change

Good service and that is how it should be.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:35 PM

Hope your tests bring some good news for you, deylon.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 11:44 PM

Shows things can be arranged quickly if thought urgent. I had the same with my eyes. First optician next day Dr's and end of week eye hospital for examination ending in surgery a short time later.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:58 PM

I was surprised at the speed and efficiency of my cancer treatment. Even though things had to be changed around a lot as I had 3 infections requiring in-patient care, the system seemed to know who was talking to whom and the service was fast.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:53 PM

In had a phone cal today to go for a CT Scan on Tuesday 7th.Quick work,Have had to cancel dentist,will have to make new appt, Bit concerned over my breathing during scan,will just have to see how it goes
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

07-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Unfortunately I had to cancel my scan as I spent 2 days in A&E with my breathing problems.I now have to ring the consultants secretary to make a new appt.,The scanning dept. said they could not offer not anew appt.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 08:53 PM

Oh, poor you deylon. I hope you get another appointment soon.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top