Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Foreign Aid

India still has major problems, but at the same time it's becoming highly developed and a sophisticated world player. It doesn't make sense that we give India the same level of aid as once was the case. I don't really understand why Pakistan is the biggest recipient. But as I said I don't think altruism is a major factor.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
India still has major problems, but at the same time it's becoming highly developed and a sophisticated world player. It doesn't make sense that we give India the same level of aid as once was the case. I don't really understand why Pakistan is the biggest recipient. But as I said I don't think altruism is a major factor.
Neither do I, especially as they are a known terrorist training ground and haven.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Neither do I, especially as they are a known terrorist training ground and haven.
+ one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 03:24 PM

I think my views on our very generous foreign aid are well known.

I just hope that when our health service has deteriorated further due to lack of financial support, we can rely on richer countries - India and China, for example - to provide some foreign aid for us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think my views on our very generous foreign aid are well known.

I just hope that when our health service has deteriorated further due to lack of financial support, we can rely on richer countries - India and China, for example - to provide some foreign aid for us.
We all know how that will go.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

we don't give money for aid reasons - it's for political reasons - to keep well in with the receiving country so that maybe in the future we can use their ports with our gunboats or secret landing places with our planes - how many really really altruistic countries can you name - OZ for example has been giving aid to Papua New Guinea and now Manus Island and Nauru not for aid reasons but to house illegal immigrants.

There is NO honor among thieves and believe me hmistorically UK has been the biggest thief of all since
Queen Victoria in the scheme of things!!

the americans give aid to Se asia for the same reasons - thata's why the Philippines will never kick out the yanks and even the N Koreans are prepared to take aid in exchange for weapons - it's all a bloody game!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top