Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Re: Getting UK cricket a bad name or just having fun?

Well, well, he has been cleared of the charges. I don't know if it's just me but no matter how many times I hear the story, I still don't get what actually happened.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:03 PM

If He can't control His violent temper when drinking alcohol,then He shouldn't be drinking ...get Him into rehab'..it's probably happened before but He just hasn't been caught on camera!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:04 PM

He was accused of "Affray" and cleared of that offence.
So I looked it up and it is................
A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

With what we all saw, how could he not be guilty ?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Considering the level of violence that occurred, it's unbelievable that no one was found guilty of any sort of assault charge. I can only assume, that most, if not all of the jury, were England Cricket Supporters!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Cricket and cricketers seem to attract controversy and scandal both on and off the pitch.

It's just not cricket, definitely not 'a gentleman's game' anymore.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Considering the level of violence that occurred, it's unbelievable that no one was found guilty of any sort of assault charge. I can only assume, that most, if not all of the jury, were England Cricket Supporters!
It would account for this very dodgy verdict.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Gay couple say Ben Stokes did not deserve to face trial

Sorry it's the Guardian, but it does throw a different light on it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->

I agree.
From what footage I saw, it was sustained violence.

He says he was 'defending' the gay couple, but it was on camera he flicked his cigarette stub at them before the fight even started.

I guess that's what happens when these sportsmen/celebs can pay for fancy lawyers to get them off.

It will be interesting to see what happens about Katie Price 'forgetting' she had a driving ban too!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
If He can't control His violent temper when drinking alcohol,then He shouldn't be drinking ...get Him into rehab'..it's probably happened before but He just hasn't been caught on camera!

Thats so not going to help

Unless a person wants help for an alcohol problem, nothing will make a blind bit of difference
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

14-08-2018, 10:38 PM

News reporter interviewed two men he was defending, they were not called to give evidence, although they probably saw and heard what took place before everything kicked off.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top