Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:06 AM

Re: The price of Austerity

Bruce you do realize don't you that some make it up as they go along just for the fun of it?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:07 AM

All this life expectancy talk is a little academic really, for surely it's not the length of your life that matters but the quality of that life. Personally I would rather die at 80 after a life of good health than die at 90 after ten years of being infirm, ill or in care....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
All this life expectancy talk is a little academic really, for surely it's not the length of your life that matters but the quality of that life. Personally I would rather die at 80 after a life of good health than die at 90 after ten years of being infirm, ill or in care....
well said barry - me too! but after seeing that great film with billy connolly in it about a group of characters in a rather posh nursing home - I do think I could easily handle that!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:13 AM

Hi

I am old fashioned Labour, my loathing of Communists is the same as my loathing of Radical Muslims.

I have absolutely sod all time for Corbyn and Momentum.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nonsense. That might be true of our great grandchildren but currently there is no evidence for that at all.
I hope you are right
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I have absolutely sod all time for Corbyn and Momentum.
Lucky they are British then because if they were Australian they might outlive you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
God forbid .
There are retirement flats being built everywhere .
Someone described a luxury development of these as a minimum security prison with a golf course .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The scumbag 'nasty party's' austerity policies have led to a collapse in the improvement of life expectancy. To achieve these statistics it will mean more than 1 million people will die earlier than normally expected.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...dstill-britain
I suppose with your so called health problems you must be worried.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top