Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Re: Cricket!!!!

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah,but therein lies the skill,y'see.
He who sets the trap,oft unwittingly springs it-which is why the St Petersburgh opening is often outwitted by a concealed but dangerous Piancetto.....as is the bowler who uses the seam at speed, only to discover the batsman had lured the move and is now 6 runs to the good....
Isn't that a coffee machine Pug it sounds very painful
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:37 AM

I agree Meg, I do believe all this talk of sensual , slowly, slowly catchy monkey is making Pug quite excited
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 10:32 AM

A GREAT shame it's now ended,to make way for bleating,sulking,disgustingly overpaid mummy's-boys,rolling in agonised trauma upon the ground due to one sock getting mud on it........do you not think?
Fear not Pug - It's almost time for the ultimate showcase of real sport. 18th September - the opening game of THE RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015!

dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Now that is the most boring sport on the planet. Perhaps if we had a woman world cup it would be watchable, then think not they would most like be more gruesome than the men, thighs like tree trunks
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Umm....I do believe my piancetto coffee-maker just took the bishop by surprise!
Rugby-yes;played for the navy as scrum-half.
Spent most of my time wondering where the bus that had just hit me came from! I rate rugby with skiing;my one-and-only attempt at skiing was in Norway,during an arctic warfare training cadre. I set off,loaded with 80lbs of assorted equipment - and 'interfaced' with the ONLY f@cking tree on the whole escarpment,at 40mph. Yeah,go on,giggle you heartless sod...it bloody HURT! So I was fully prepared to be smashed into by a 20 stone-forward running like electricity straight at me....but that doesn't mean it hurt any less. It just meant I made VERY sure to release the ball before I went down. NOW you see why I took up free-style all-in knitting!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 09:19 AM

So I was fully prepared to be smashed into by a 20 stone-forward running like electricity straight at me....but that doesn't mean it hurt any less. It just meant I made VERY sure to release the ball before I went down. NOW you see why I took up free-style all-in knitting!
Your heart wasn't in it Pug! If it had been, you wouldn't have felt any pain until after the game. I played scrum half too and the adrenaline was running so high, I never felt a thing until the next morning.

@ dukeofearl - my wife had the same opinion (although she quite liked the sight of 30 muscular guys running round the pitch) but eventually after 20 years, she has started watching the games with me and has begun to pick up the nuances of the game, from the arcane dark arts of the scrum to the silky smooth work of the half backs. To be honest though, I think you probably have to have played the game at a reasonable level to enjoy it fully.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 07:30 PM

Oh,I fully agree,Mick. At the time,during the match,I was too buzzing to notice aches pains,cracked ribs et al....but AFTER.....ah. Plus,it wasn't my choice,I was 'informed' by a very loud s.p.o,that I was going to and God help me if I let the service down! [followed by him saying what sounded like 'Corwumph']
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 07:18 AM

I do believe the ladies oz cricket team is doing rather well wot oh??
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I do believe the ladies oz cricket team is doing rather well wot oh??
So, rescued by the Sheilas eh? Gumbud, you must be really proud....
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Fear not Pug - It's almost time for the ultimate showcase of real sport. 18th September - the opening game of THE RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015!

An odd game is rugger,I had two big blokes either side of me and three up my bum-I just tell my American friends I was a hooker

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top