Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:19 AM

IN a quandry.

My daughter Karen does not want Tony & me to go to Ady & Paula's for Christmas dinner. She thinks we will be taking a risk. I suffer from PMR so my immune system is weakened and Tony is very frail nowadays.

Even so I really want to go.

I think the problem is: Paula's parents will be there too. They're much younger & fitter than Tony & me. Counting the 2 children there will be 8 of us in a small room.

Do I tell them we have decided not to come or do I risk it?

Are any members on here risking it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:32 AM

Re: IN a quandry.

My son and daughter decided weeks ago that they wouldn’t put us at risk on Christmas Day so we will all remain in our own homes this year. We definitely agree with them and support their decision.

It’s too much to risk and I would sooner have a get together when things begin to quieten down and we have more freedom.

Of course you must do what you think is best and safest among your own family.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My daughter Karen does not want Tony & me to go to Ady & Paula's for Christmas dinner. She thinks we will be taking a risk. I suffer from PMR so my immune system is weakened and Tony is very frail nowadays.

I think the problem is: Paula's parents will be there too. They're much younger & fitter than Tony & me. Counting the 2 children there will be 8 of us in a small room.

Hi

Carol, not going is the sensible thing to do.

I know it is hard, but you have to protect yourselves.

I will not be spending Christmas with Guy and I will only see the pretendies through the door.

My bubble is already here, but no contact at Christmas, even when they are here, it is masks, gloves and never in the same room.

We can meet up later.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Do you really need to ask?
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:51 AM

after nine months of playing safe, we are not risking anything for the sake of one day. This will be our first time for ten years that we have not been in a hotel somewhere in the uk or around europe, better to be at home and alive, than abroad and be dead
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Do you really need to ask?
Well yes I do. That's why I'm asking.

You see - until recently they've been coming in my house and us in theirs. Always keeping our distance and not staying long. Christmas day will be different - her parents will be there and it will be difficult to social distance.. Ady & Paula are in our 'bubble' but her parents aren't..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:17 AM

I personally, would think it very silly to be in a small room with 8 people, family or not, breathing all over you, come on Carol, it’s a no brainier imo.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

21-12-2020, 09:23 AM

Yes you're right. Thanks everybody.

I'll give Paula a ring latter today.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:29 AM

Hi Carol , reading your question and the replies I feel you already know the answer otherwise you wouldn't have needed to ask , and I feel for you too

It's an awful time for everyone isn't it .

My sister is in tier 4 and was invited for Christmas day to a household with 8 people shes decided not to go .

In all honesty if it was me I wouldn't go just to be on the safe side but it's up to you .

Best wishes
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:57 AM

Carol, the same sort of thing is happening to me too.
My son and his girlfriend want me to go over there, but she has other visitors too.

Like others have said, we have survived this long, so why risk everything at this stage? I will be staying home.

We can always meet up for a nice Sunday roast somewhere if/when this is all over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top