Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar discovery!

May I suggest you ACV enthusiasts try the following for arthritis.
This info comes from one of my books written by an ex SRN who was crippled with arthritis for 16 years before she managed to walk free from it again.
She began writing about her experience, and eventually opened a clinic of her own at Kenilworth I believe. She died of old age in the end, but her daughter still runs the clinic to this day.

I drank it for a long time a few years back, and found it to be a very palateable drink with the honey added to it. I also used to rinse my mouth with warm water several times immediately afterwards, just to ensure my tooth enamel stayed in good order, and it has.

This lady said the ACV and acid-free diet not only got rid of her husband's arthritis too, but as an added bonus, it also shrunk his prostate gland which had been giving him much trouble and was going to be operated on.
He no longer needed the op.

Start with a small quantity, for example, one teaspoon of ACV with one teaspoon of honey, in large glass of water, and taken just once a day.
Once you are comfortable with this quantity, increase to two, and then three drinks per day.
Having settled into this routine, gradually increase the amount of ACV in each drink until you are taking one dessertspoon of it with one teaspoon of honey ina large glass of water, three times daily.

Diet too, is very important though, and an acid-free diet should be maintained along with the correct dietry supplements of vitamins, minerals and protein to compensate for foods omitted in the diet, and to strengthen the ability to eliminate the acid crystals.

If anybody wants to know more, look up:

"Treating Arthritis the drug-free Way" by Margaret Hills. (Sheldon Press).
I believe she wrote 4 little books in total.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep I've tried ACV. It is touted to have some strong health benefits.

We need to be clear first though. We are talking about the "real" ACV which is cloudy and contains the "mother" bacteria / yeast floating within it, as opposed to say the bottles of clear ACV that are readily available in some health stores and which some people use for making chutneys.

Sadly, I found I was unable to take ACV comfortably. People all of the internet were saying they could tolerate almost 1/2 to 1/2 a glass of ACV mixed with the same of water.

I couldn't tolerate even 2 teaspoons of ACV in a glass of water as the whole thing was so terribly acidic. It burned my stomach. I also believe like others that it would destroy the enamel of my teeth in time.

Vickitee, if you have been having food cravings then my advice would be to try and understand why you've been having them rather than trying to suppress them with ACV.

Typically many people are taking in piles of sugar without realising it because the sugars are hidden or not expected in the products they are eating. The sugars mess with your brain and digestion system and create food cravings and hence people start snacking.

Examples would be say a pot of Natural Yoghurt which has lots of sugar and no fibre, fruit juices which are piled with sugars and have very little fibre and so on.

I would urge you to read ALL the labels on all the products you have been regularly eating/drinking. It might surprise you how much sugar you've been taking in.
Thank you, I was waiting for your post, to be honest, because you give so much useful information on things such as this.
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

18-01-2017, 06:11 AM

Haha Longdog and thank you for the welcome!😃
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

18-01-2017, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My dentist told me it would destroy my teeth so I've never bothered with it.
I was worried about the acidic value too Carol so I'm keeping my eyes open. If I need to dilute more i definitely will.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:50 AM

If I have a cold I sip warm water with a cap full of Apple Cider Vinegar and teaspoon of honey added.

Have no idea if it actually does anything but my first wife used to give it to me and it has become a habit. It doesn't do any harm anyway.

She read about its miraculous powers in a book called "Folk Medicine" by D C Jarvis MD. I still have the book, it's a 1973 hard back edition but you can probably get it on ebay if you look.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
She read about its miraculous powers in a book called "Folk Medicine" by D C Jarvis MD.
There's no doubt to my mind that real, proper ACV with the mother in it, is a healthy substance.

The more you research natural cures, plants, herbs and so on the more one specific recurring theme crops up. That theme is . . .

Fermentation !

It seems that the human body works best when it is given a constant supply of fermented foods. It is the natural yeasts in natural foods that our gut needs and having a healthy gut is imperative to all health. Without it, you are not extracting the nutrients from foods efficiently which leads to deficiencies of certain things, and / or over abundance of other things.

Some examples:

We know for example that people who find it difficult to tolerate ordinary bread, the crap on supermarket shelves, tend to find that they have no problem with "proper" long fermented bread. This includes loaves fermented overnight or longer and loaves made using natural wild yeasts (i.e. sourdoughs). Grains are NOT a bad thing, not a bad diet item. They have been used for 1000s of years. They KEY to eating grains, is that they are long fermented.

We know also that fermenting vegetables is incredibly healthy. Even a simple sauerkraut, which is nothing more than shredded cabbage sprinkled with a little salt and left to ferment in its own juices, is highly beneficial. It has 10 times more lactobacteria than those pathetic little pots of Yakult and Actimel (which are also packed with sugar !)

We know also that to make the drink Cider, one has to have natural yeast to kick off the fermentation process. This is a key and standard process of Nature.

So no surprise then that Apple Cider Vinegar has strong health benefits. But I stress yet again, it HAS to be the right ACV. It has to be the cloudy stuff with nasty looking bits of mother yeast floating inside it. The other types of ACV which are virtually clear and used in chutney making and other cooking are not the same, they are processed and likely have all the goodness taken out.

So once again, it is those natural yeasts in the cloudy ACV that are providing the benefit.

It's worth understanding how different natural yeasts and bacteria require different environments to thrive. The natural yeasts on wheat grains are able to survive in a very acidic environment whereas bad bugs and bacteria can not.
So when you mix a little flour and water together and leave it in a jar for 3-5 days you surely have good and bad bacteria in that jar, but due to the acidity that arises from the water interacting with the flour, the good bacteria have a better time of it. They flourish in the environment, multiplying and replicating every 90 mins whereas the bad bacteria are slow and sluggish to do so. Eventually the good bacteria vastly outnumber the bad, and since all the bacteria are vying for the same food source (the starches/sugars in the flour), the goodies quickly triumph due to their numbers and the baddies naturally just die off.

This same process or situation is present everywhere.

In our own guts there is a myriad of yeasts and bacteria. Most of us never really knew about it until many years ago, the yoghurt manufacturers started selling and advertising special bio-yoghurts filled with lacto-bacteria. Initially it all sounded very gross but over time people came to understand what it meant. Unfortunately, whilst those manufacturers in the one hand, gave us healthy bacteria laden yoghurt, in the other hand they had succumbed to the pressures of the sugar conglomerates and like every other manufacturer, piled their little yoghurt pots high with sugars. Why? Simply because when you eat such a product you think, "hmmmm that was actually quite nice" and that makes you buy more. In fact all that has happened is your brain has been totally fooled by the sugar which has stimulated your pleasure receptors. So unfortunately those tiny yoghurts are imo not helping anyone and infact likely to be complicating matters.

For those who like the full info:

Actimel Original pots each contain close to 3 full teaspoons of sugar (2.6)

Yakult pots each contain close to 2 and a half (2.3) teaspoons of sugar.

So the lessons here are simple imo. Seek out foods of all kinds that are naturally fermented. That includes "real" artisan breads from a dedicated bakery like sourdoughs and rye breads. It also includes all kinds of fermented vegetables such as saurkrauts and in particular the Kimchi's so loved by the Koreans. It's VERY easy to make your own sauerkraut, just cabbage, salt in a jar left for 3-4 weeks.

ACV likewise, with the natural "mother" yeast in it is surely also healthy. That yeast will grow and thrive in your gut and thereby outnumber and conquer any bad yeasts in there.

Hope this was useful.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:00 PM

What a great thread, I have learnt so much reading through all the replies. I
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:24 PM

i am about to buy some apple cider vinegar tomorrow--hoping it helps with my muscle pains..
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
I'm currently taking ACV with a level tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda, daily, instead of chemotherapy. Diagnosed with bowel cancer and operated on to remove the tumours 2 yrs ago, but after my own research I refused the chemo and started a daily regime of Bicarb and Maple Syrup. This lasted 3 months and I then needed 11 fillings in my teeth. So ... changed to ACV with the bicarb and got the latest all clear last October.
How it works apparently, is to alter the Ph level in your body. An alkaline one is best for cancer prevention/treatment. I have got some ph test sticks from Tinternet, and it is definitely working.
Thumbs up for your latest all clear Emerald! I had not thought of ACV as beneficial for cancer prevention/treatment. Thank you so much for sharing.
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
i am about to buy some apple cider vinegar tomorrow--hoping it helps with my muscle pains..
Apparently the benefits from ACV reach far and wide Mariana, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just be careful with your teeth from the acidic strength. I did a bit of research on the strength of another members comments, and mixing with bicarbonate of soda helps cut the acid. I tried it and frankly I prefer the taste of the ACV. Which means I'll be buying some straws - another way to keep the acid of ACV from destroying tooth enamel. Good luck!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top