Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:22 PM

Re: Meanwhile in the UK ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The whole point of us leaving the EU is to put the UK back in control of everything. Globalisation means trade with the world, not focussed on 27 countries in Europe.

I wish people would understand want Brexit actually is and stop focussing everything about one way trade into the EU.
Hi

I do, you don't.

We have to wait and see how successful we are in a few years time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:33 PM

Globalisation is the future. The protectionist EU will lose its 2nd biggest net contributor and the 5 largest economy in the world.

The future that the EU has to look forward to is the ascension of Macedonia and Albania... wow !

In the meantime we will be creating trade agreements with the rest of the world. You just better pray that Barnier can keep up - he is already falling behind.
I see you voluptuously follow my advice on venting. Good man!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Over 1,400 European financial firms have requested permission to open up offices in the United Kingdom in light of the UK’s exit from the European Union.

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/202...-after-brexit/
According to the referred article, 83% of the 1400 applicants already do business in the UK. You don't assume they want to lose their customers to british consulancy firms and banks. This is the EU bringing the battle on your own home soil. And you are happily receiving them? Fools!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
According to the referred article, 83% of the 1400 applicants already do business in the UK. You don't assume they want to lose their customers to british consulancy firms and banks. This is the EU bringing the battle on your own home soil. And you are happily receiving them? Fools!
But they will also pay tax in the UK and employ people in the UK, now they are registered here and trading here.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-01-2020, 04:51 PM

But they will also pay tax in the UK and employ people in the UK, now they are registered here and trading here.
You don't understand. 83% of them are already trading in the UK, based on services passport. My post on that put you in a zzzzzz state. Perhaps now you start to grapple.
The article assumes the applicants will open offices etc. But they don't now, why would they when continueing their business with british customers?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You don't understand. 83% of them are already trading in the UK, based on services passport. My post on that put you in a zzzzzz state. Perhaps now you start to grapple.
The article assumes the applicants will open offices etc. But they don't now, why would they when continueing their business with british customers?
I trade with India - I don't pay tax there because my office is here.

If my office was in India I would pay tax there .... why do you still not understand how commerce works ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-01-2020, 05:47 PM

If my office was in India I would pay tax there .... why do you still not understand how commerce works ?
Thanks for supporting my point. Why would those 1400 applicants open offices when it is not necessary to conduct business? They are doing that now (83% of them) Like you do in india?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 05:56 PM

Hi

You simply do not understand WTO Rules.

As we are leaving the Single Market we will have to open offices there and pay tax there in order to continue.

That is how the system works.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-01-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You simply do not understand WTO Rules.

As we are leaving the Single Market we will have to open offices there and pay tax there in order to continue.

That is how the system works.
And you can't read

We are talking about companies in the EU opening offices here because passporting works both ways.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-01-2020, 08:22 PM

And you can't read

We are talking about companies in the EU opening offices here because passporting works both ways.
Show you can read and absorb this. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/passporting.asp

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top