Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:34 PM

New car time!

Just had my new car delivered and the old one taken away. Smaller engine in the new one but goes like you know what off a hot shovel.

I STILL can't get used to not needing to run a new car in - so I do behave myself for the first few thou miles. It's supposed to be sub 5 sec for 0 to 60 and it's going to be hard not to try it!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:39 PM

Re: New car time!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just had my new car delivered and the old one taken away. Smaller engine in the new one but goes like you know what off a hot shovel.

I STILL can't get used to not needing to run a new car in - so I do behave myself for the first few thou miles. It's supposed to be sub 5 sec for 0 to 60 and it's going to be hard not to try it!
Sub five seconds is pretty quick. I think that's quicker than the 12-pot XJS I had.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Sub five seconds is pretty quick. I think that's quicker than the 12-pot XJS I had.
Mercedes AMG. Not as livingroom-ish as the Jag xf that it's replacing though.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Mercedes AMG. Not as livingroom-ish as the Jag xf that it's replacing though.
A near neighbour of mine has 6.3 litre AMG C class Mercedes.
Nice car.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 02:39 PM

Lovely getting a new car, even a new to you car as we always have is quite exciting. Hope you have many happy hours with yours AT.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 02:51 PM

... just googled AMG and some sexy images come up ...

like this one ...

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-09-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... just googled AMG and some sexy images come up ...

like this one ...

Not quite! The one that I've --- obtained is more a SUV.

I say obtained because we own nothing of value, not even the house we live in! Nor the furniture, nothing. Zilch.

So what we don't own can't be taxed or taken from us. I guess we could claim "Benefits" beyond the state age related benefit but that would REALLY be taking the proverbial!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Just drive it like you stole it ......
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Not quite! The one that I've --- obtained is more a SUV.

I say obtained because we own nothing of value, not even the house we live in! Nor the furniture, nothing. Zilch.

So what we don't own can't be taxed or taken from us. I guess we could claim "Benefits" beyond the state age related benefit but that would REALLY be taking the proverbial!
Could we class it as the proceeds of your ' tax todging ' then
Todger

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Could we class it as the proceeds of your ' tax todging ' then
Todger

Regards Donkeyman!
LOL!

You surely mean tax efficient measures!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top