Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Eggnog

I will be making some this year for the first time, using Rum, just enough for a couple of glasses each. Does anyone else bother to make this at Christmas or is it just something we see in Christmas films?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:46 PM

Re: Eggnog

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will be making some this year for the first time, using Rum, just enough for a couple of glasses each. Does anyone else bother to make this at Christmas or is it just something we see in Christmas films?
Is that like a snowball?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Is that like a snowball?
Probably a similar result but it does involve separating raw eggs, cream, vanilla and nutmeg.

Never had it before tbh.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 08:21 PM

My mother used to like Advocat and lemonade which is either a snowball or an Eggnog?

I might be concerned about consuming raw eggs but what do l know!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:56 PM

Funny, I was looking at bottled snowballs today in Morrisons. £5.50 for 4. I thought, stroll on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:57 PM

Probably a similar result but it does involve separating raw eggs, cream, vanilla and nutmeg.

Never had it before tbh.

Neither have I, Dongle.

I suppose if you've never had it before, at least you won't know if it tastes right or wrong.

I have made some rather splendid Slow Gin.
I wanted to send a sample to a friend, but did you know that we can't send alcohol through the post any more?
So anyone else thinking of sending booze through the post this year - don't!

Good job I checked with the post office first.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My mother used to like Advocat and lemonade which is either a snowball or an Eggnog?

I might be concerned about consuming raw eggs but what do l know!!
Some recipes actually cook the eggs first but then you have to strain the drink to remove any lumps.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Funny, I was looking at bottled snowballs today in Morrisons. £5.50 for 4. I thought, stroll on.
I do quite like a snowball but don't tell anyone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Neither have I, Dongle.

I suppose if you've never had it before, at least you won't know if it tastes right or wrong.

I have made some rather splendid Slow Gin.
I wanted to send a sample to a friend, but did you know that we can't send alcohol through the post any more?
So anyone else thinking of sending booze through the post this year - don't!

Good job I checked with the post office first.
I didn't know that either.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:04 PM

I do quite like a snowball but don't tell anyone.
No need to whisper...I do too!

Before I moved I cleared out my ‘liquor store’ (a cupboard in my bedroom unit) and brought the bare minimum with me. One casualty was an old opened bottle of advocaat so I will look for a replacement bottle somewhere, get some lime cordial (already have lemonade), and enjoy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top