Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:50 PM

You Tube

Is it possible to download from you tube onto a memory stick or, better still, a DVD?

Have just found a lovely Christmas Concert by The Spinners - from the Castle Museum in York and would love to keep it - it is so good.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 12:02 AM

Re: You Tube

I use YouTube video downloader attachment for Firefox. Save the video as an MP4 then copy it to your memory stick.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I use YouTube video downloader attachment for Firefox. Save the video as an MP4 then copy it to your memory stick.
How do I access that, Judd?

Edited: Found it - thank you.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 01:42 AM

I have found many people only think in terms of downloading and totally forget about the fact that most computers have an audio output for self powered speakers as well as the headphone jack which is the same signal essentially. This out put can be plugged into anything. So, my point is that if you are not worried about the video and just want the music, you can simply record the audio from either one of these outputs to any external recorder. I have a H4N Zoom which records Wave or Mp3 files. These can then be transferred to your stick via your desktop or laptop. But you can use any recorder that does Mp3s. The only drawback is of course you have to record in real time. I don't mind this. JUst another option.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-12-2019, 02:14 AM

Thank you, Keezoy.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have found many people only think in terms of downloading and totally forget about the fact that most computers have an audio output for self powered speakers as well as the headphone jack which is the same signal essentially. This out put can be plugged into anything. So, my point is that if you are not worried about the video and just want the music, you can simply record the audio from either one of these outputs to any external recorder. I have a H4N Zoom which records Wave or Mp3 files. These can then be transferred to your stick via your desktop or laptop. But you can use any recorder that does Mp3s. The only drawback is of course you have to record in real time. I don't mind this. JUst another option.
I prefer to download the MP4 video and extract the MP3 audio from the video using VLC media player. A lot quicker, and better quality.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top