Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 01:13 AM

Unlocking your own mobile

Just saw this from Martin Lewis and thought it might interest some of our technical buffs.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ph...-mobile-phone/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 04:48 AM

Re: Unlocking your own mobile

Personally I never buy a locked phone because they are associated with a contract. As they say with an unlocked phone you can choose who you go with without any contract and if a better offer comes along you can change instantly.

These days plenty of companies offering unlimited calls and unlimited texts at ridiculously cheap rates. The only decision is how much data you want and even that is getting cheaper. The company I am with increased my data from 2Gb to 30Gb for no extra charge (I use about 1Gb on my phone!)
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Re: Unlocking your own mobile

I would never buy a locked mobile phone for the same reasons. As I tend to use a mobile mainly for just calls and texts I always have about 498 of data over each month but am always running out of call time. On deciding this is ridiculous, it's the provider giving me what they want to in the package rather than me being the customer wanting what suits me, I called them and finished up with a new package. Half the data (250) each month, the same unlimited texts but the calls were then unlimited too! All for just 1p per month more than I had been paying – in my experience it pays to change things to suit yourself and not the provider.

The UK company by the way was EE, I have found they have always been very helpful and obliging with most things. They even have real humans at the end of the phone, another plus these days!

I do wonder though why their parent company BT, who took them over a while back, cannot be equally as helpful to customers?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top