Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:46 AM

A Zip Car?

I have just read in the papers online of a coach colliding with a zip car in London and bursting into flames. One person has died and three others have been injured. Awful.

I had never heard of a zip car before. Have you?
I just googled it and it’s a type of loan car. Well you live and learn.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Re: A Zip Car?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have just read in the papers online of a coach colluding with a zip car in London and bursting into flames. One person has died and three others have been injured. Awful.
There is footage of the fire and it's a big one:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/106041...ach-battersea/

I had never heard of a zip car before. Have you?
I just googled it and it’s a type of loan car. Well you live and learn.
I'd never heard of Zip Cars either but I guess they're just part of a new society where nobody owns anything anymore - they just rent what they want for when they need it .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Never heard of them either .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
There is footage of the fire and it's a big one:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/106041...ach-battersea/

I'd never heard of Zip Cars either but I guess they're just part of a new society where nobody owns anything anymore - they just rent what they want for when they need it .....
At first, l thought they were a fast, nippy car that you would use to ‘zip’ about.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-12-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Never heard of them either .
Muddy, It does sound like an American term, to join all the other words that have infiltrated the English language.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:57 PM

It does sound like an American term, to join all the other words that have infiltrated the English language.
You're right - it's American:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipcar

Zipcar is an American car-sharing company and a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group. Zipcar provides automobile reservations to its members, billable by the minute, hour or day; members may have to pay a monthly or annual membership fee in addition to car reservations charges.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 05:37 PM

We had them in my old home town. You open the doors with an App once you’ve joined the scheme and paid. They even had their own designated parking bays. Cars and vans.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-12-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
We had them in my old home town. You open the doors with an App once you’ve joined the scheme and paid. They even had their own designated parking bays. Cars and vans.
Gosh, Jazzi, It seems, there’s a lot more to Zip Cars, than a normal hire car.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top