Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:42 PM

Veganism to be protected under the Equality Act yes/no?

A man is going to court to try and get veganism protected under the Equality Act just like religion, race, gender, age and disability.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/21/vegan...gion-11946322/

I hope he fails because i can foresee what is going to happen if he wins. Companies and institutions up and down the country being taken to court because a vegan was discriminated against. For example, the company only has leather chairs or desks with leather on them, the vegan asks to be given a chair and a desk that does not have animal products on them, vegan loses job, company taken to court due to discrimination (company would not provide vegan with alternatives because there was no alternatives).

Remember the cases were homosexuals targeted bakers who they knew were religious and requested them to make cakes that had homosexual wording on them and the bakers refused and thus got taken to court. This is what vegans will do if veganism becomes protected under the Equality Act, it will force companies to stop using animal products because they could be taken to court by vegans due to discrimination.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Re: Veganism to be protected under the Equality Act yes/no?

He should succeed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
He should succeed.
Why?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Very silly.
Nobody is stopping vegans being vegans.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Very silly.

I agree.

I sometimes wonder if these people have got enough to do in their day.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
A man is going to court to try and get veganism protected under the Equality Act just like religion, race, gender, age and disability.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/21/vegan...gion-11946322/

I hope he fails because i can foresee what is going to happen if he wins. Companies and institutions up and down the country being taken to court because a vegan was discriminated against. For example, the company only has leather chairs or desks with leather on them, the vegan asks to be given a chair and a desk that does not have animal products on them, vegan loses job, company taken to court due to discrimination (company would not provide vegan with alternatives because there was no alternatives).

Remember the cases were homosexuals targeted bakers who they knew were religious and requested them to make cakes that had homosexual wording on them and the bakers refused and thus got taken to court. This is what vegans will do if veganism becomes protected under the Equality Act, it will force companies to stop using animal products because they could be taken to court by vegans due to discrimination.
I hope it fails if the vegans don't want to eat meat fine just don't interfere with those of us who love a nice juicy steak
a sausage butty lamb chops lovely jubbly
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:52 PM

I'd like people who are gluten free to be protected so that I can insist on being served gluten free in any restaurant and shop by law. I also want any snide comments about gluten free being a "fad" to be made a criminal offence because it hurts my feelings.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Very silly.
Exactly! Waste of time and money. I certainly hope he isn't getting any legal aid.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd like people who are gluten free to be protected so that I can insist on being served gluten free in any restaurant and shop by law. I also want any snide comments about gluten free being a "fad" to be made a criminal offence because it hurts my feelings.

Most of the restaurants here now have 'gluten free' and 'nut free' options on the menu, Annie.

Far from being a 'fad' it is an unpleasant and painful condition. One of my friends has coeliac disorder and is unwell for days if she unwittingly eats anything containing gluten.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Most of the restaurants here now have 'gluten free' and 'nut free' options on the menu, Annie.

Far from being a 'fad' it is an unpleasant and painful condition. One of my friends has coeliac disorder and is unwell for days if she unwittingly eats anything containing gluten.
It's really unpleasant and also very difficult to explain to people how it feels after eating gluten. I describe it as the same as you would feel having eaten a bag of cement.

It's actually really difficult to find a restaurant that is truly gluten free. Eating out is a real lottery. They say it's gluten free but I often feel unwell after a meal.

But my post here was a bit tongue in cheek. Because we all have dietary preferences. When you start to criminalise opinion on diet then you open a can of worms. (maybe literally if you are paleo).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top