Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:32 PM

Do I Need To See The Previous Series Of Bancroft?

I have recorded the current three episodes of Bancroft but l wondered if l needed to watch the previous series to understand what’s going on in this current series?

I can’t recall watching it before, so should l bother with this new one?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:43 PM

Re: Do I Need To See The Previous Series Of Bancroft?

I watched the first one last night and wondered the same, and like you Art not only hadn't I seen the first series, I couldn't even remember it being on before...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I watched the first one last night and wondered the same, and like you Art not only hadn't I seen the first series, I couldn't even remember it being on before...
Barry, l remember the name of the series but l can’t remember if l watched it or not?
My sister is watching it and said, Sarah Parish looks like,Caitlin Jenner!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 04:12 PM

I only vaguely remember the first series and consequently found the first episode of this series hard to follow at times. However, having persevered and watched the second episode last night, I am hooked and am looking forward to to the last one this evening.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 04:15 PM

There are two continuing themes from the first series so I would recommend you download and watch that one first.

This series of Bancroft is every bit as good as series 1 as far as I can remember. Bancroft is still the evil witch she was portrayed to be in the 1st series.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 04:16 PM

I watched the first series which was great ..found the first was better - but enjoying this one …...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-01-2020, 09:17 PM

Well, l downloaded the first series. When l saw the young policewoman who was looking into unsolved historic cases and the detective in the wheelchair being pushed from somewhere higher up, l remembered it!

The thing is l am not sure how it finished, so l am watching it again.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 06:55 PM

I read the writer and Sarah Parish would be willing to do a third series .That would suit me fine .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 05:19 PM

Ditto. I would love to see how Bancroft could wriggle her way out of doing some porridge.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2020, 08:43 PM

HaHa! I can’t believe l even posted on a previous thread about the first series of Bancroft, yet couldn't remember it when l started this thread!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top