Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 08:30 AM

Electric Cars

I had been wondering what the performance implications of these Electric Cars on the road would be, I.E Stunning Performance from a family saloon, running standard road tyres, softish suspension, high-ish centre of gravity.
Well, I was overtaken by one yesterday, in a dangerous break neck manoeuvre, it wallowed like a sofa on wheels, are these vehicles safe, and do they need some sort of speed restrictor?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 10:14 AM

Re: Electric Cars

Most electric cars have the same suspension as conventional cars, , was it an suv type that overtook you spitty ?, they can wallow about a bit if pushed ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 01:47 PM

Re: Electric Cars

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Most electric cars have the same suspension as conventional cars, , was it an suv type that overtook you spitty ?, they can wallow about a bit if pushed ,
Yes, in this case it was a small suv, on BBC News this morning was a replay of an article from last year, they had a Lady Reporter in a Tesla and a circuit driver geezer in a Lamborghini whatever. The Tesla trounced the Lambo in a Drag Race but, if the Lady tried to keep up with the Lambo round the track, she would probably ended up pushing daises, the point being, a Supercar has some degree of safety built into the design, a Hyper Family car does not, so, is a far more dangerous proposition in the wrong hands.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top