Join for free
Page 31 of 42 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:41 PM

Re: What A Loss (?)

[QUOTE=Morticia;1845389]I think so too .... this morning in the Mail he's claiming he's sad it came to this, and that he didn't want to quit, and that he and Meghan wanted to keep serving but without public funding.

Hogwash ..they didn't say that at the time. They said they wanted to be able to earn their own living without royal restriction.
I don't think he knows his own mind ... but Meghan probably does.

I wish him well ... I think he's truly besotted.
I hope he hasn't burned his bridges and he's left himself a way back as I reckon in about two years they'll divorce and she'll stay over there and he'll want to come back.

Perhaps the royals might suspect this too as I noticed when they announced the deal was struck it added at the end, and went largely unremarked, that Charles and William would review the situation in twelve months time.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't know that, that statement is interesting, we will have to wait and see but I would be surprised if the marriage lasts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah yes... the old production company chestnut. I seem to remember someone else tried that.
Edward. After he couldn't make it in the RM!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:35 PM

My opinion is that the whole thing has been a carefully orchestrated, work of art. .. from almost the beginning.

One that could put an episode of 'Suites' out of the running, for professional achievement .

That's why I feel so angry about the whole thing. They might think they have given good reason, and whimpering tears, but viewing from the comfort of our own home it comes across as very hypocritical. Considering their privileged life style, but also the charities they were engaged in , many of which supported people without anything . Maybe hand shaking with poverty is below her dignity, and I do blame her and as indicated by others, Harry doesn't know his arse from his elbow right now..
Little Archie won't have any family cousins to grow up with, he won't even know his own family and considering they want to have their own lives, I bet Archie will be raised by a nanny too.
If Charles takes the throne before Archie goes to school , I suppose that Charles could insist that he attends school in this country. ( The Queen has jurisdiction over grandchildren, so Charles I assume would inherit the same as King)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a feeling the decision to leave the UK is something Prince Harry will come to regret. We will see....
When she divorces him you mean?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When she divorces him you mean?
Exactly.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 02:27 PM

The 'firm' are moving on. Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are back to business as usual.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:18 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51197099

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a legal warning to the media after photographs of Meghan in Canada were published in newspapers and on websites.

Lawyers say the photos of the duchess walking her dogs and carrying her son were taken by photographers hiding in bushes and spying on her.

They say she did not consent and accuse the photographers of harassment.

The couple say that they are prepared to take legal action.

Lawyers say there have also been attempts to photograph inside their home using long-range lenses and they accuse the paparazzi of being camped outside the property.

This comes after the Queen agreed to the couple's wish to step back from being full-time royals, to become financially independent and to split their time between the UK and Canada.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire .....

What else did they expect .....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:22 PM

What else did they expect .....[/QUOTE]

Indeed, stupid they are but are they really that naive?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51197099

What else did they expect .....

They're going to have to get used to living in the same world as the rest of us now!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:49 PM

Except the rest of us don’t have multimillionaire daddies who are going to bank roll us and £3 million pa heavies to keep the plebs away .( paid for by the plebs of course)

Page 31 of 42 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top