Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 04:50 PM

Re: Occular migraine?

Annie - I've just had a thought. If you wear glasses, next time you go for a test ask the optician to check for vertical double vision. I did last year and had to have prismatic lenses in my prescription readers.

Come to think about it, I haven't had a migraine for some months now. Note to self: Ask GP about this. Maybe I can reduce/come off the Topiramate.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 06:51 PM

Hi Percy I'm pleased you've had relief using those. I'm not too sure I could use them though as I didn't suffer double vision just the blind spot and the halo of zig zags. Thankfully the episode has not recurred in the last 24 hours. I am planning a trip to the optician to have an eye test as I last had one a year ago and I want them to check the retinal scar hasn't changed.

But it's really great that you seem to have found a cure and the way to test is to speak to your gp about reducing the meds. Perhaps you are taken more seriously as a man. So often we get labelled as migrainous women and no further investigations are carried out. There's a book I have on my list to read called "pain and prejudice" about how women are not taken seriously enough by health professionals. It's as though migraines are nothing because they are so common.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 05:16 PM

Sorry, Annie, I think we might be at cross purposes. My migraines don't give me double vision. I had double vision, which was corrected by having lens with prisms ground into them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top