Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 09:06 PM

Re: When Out And About, Do You Ever Meet Unusual People?

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
How fascinating, and a shock to you I imagine.
She was lovely.... i wish I had asked her more now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Honestly, l don’t deliberately go out on a normal day to meet ‘Unusual’ people but for some reason, l always do!
So there l was, panicking because l couldn’t find my credit card in my bag after making a purchase. I needed it to return an electric toothbrush which was unsuitable.

It was only when l tried to pay for another purchase that l found my credit card wasn’t in my bag.
Leaving the shop in a shopping mall, l headed for a seat so l could search my bag for the card.

There was one seat left next to a man and l started to rummage.
Next thing, he starts to talk. He was killing time after dropping off his daughter who was a PE teacher who had an injury and couldn’t drive. If she missed this examination she was adjudicating, she would lose her £500 fee.

Next, he was telling me about his brother who had worked with Asbestos and died. His wife used his compensation to buy three houses and was renting them out, she was currently jumping from island to island in Antigua.
Their son was killed in a car accident caused by a traveller running him off the road and his girlfriend had no memory since.
This is all being told to me whilst l was taking my shopping bag apart looking for my credit card!
He told me he was 72, divorced, lived in a four bed house and had lots of girlfriends but they were grasping for his money!
He was a joker and said, he’d been a comedian under the name of Richard Scratcher. He then winked and said, ‘What’s short for Richard?’
Honestly, you couldn’t make it up! Plus, l still couldn’t find my credit card which l found in my other coat at home.

Do you meet ‘unusual’ people like this on a normal day in your town?
You had probably picked up his daughters handbag by mistake Arty, and when you started rifling through it he was trying to keep you talking until the police arrived....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We walk a lot. Mostly we meet other dog walkers and usually they are very sociable.
But, one time I encountered a guy who was well, the reverse.
Abusive. Told me to get my dog under control. Not that Max, our dog, was doing anything. In fact, my neighbour, not a dog lover, has more than once said that Max is the most under control dog he has ever met.

Well, I took a photograph of Max lying quietly. The guy thought he might have been in the frame and demanded that I delete it. Made me wonder what he wanted to hide.
Please steer clear of him. He sounds paranoid. better safe than sorry.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 03:30 AM

We walk our dog on a nice path/cycle way down by the lake. Dogs are permitted on a lead and dog walkers, dogs and cyclists manage to coexist peacefully most of the time. One day my wife and I were out with our dog and we met two unicyclists coming the other way. They were really moving. As fast as a normal bike. We thought that was pretty unusual
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
We walk our dog on a nice path/cycle way down by the lake. Dogs are permitted on a lead and dog walkers, dogs and cyclists manage to coexist peacefully most of the time. One day my wife and I were out with our dog and we met two unicyclists coming the other way. They were really moving. As fast as a normal bike. We thought that was pretty unusual
Keezoy, That sight on a simple walk must have been so bizarre!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 08:55 PM

When Out And About, Do You Ever Meet Unusual People?
Yes, all the time. But nothing creepy like them volunteering details about themselves, their age, marital status and such. People in london are surprisingly upbeat and jolly.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Honestly, l don’t deliberately go out on a normal day to meet ‘Unusual’ people but for some reason, l always do!
So there l was, panicking because l couldn’t find my credit card in my bag after making a purchase. I needed it to return an electric toothbrush which was unsuitable.

It was only when l tried to pay for another purchase that l found my credit card wasn’t in my bag.
Leaving the shop in a shopping mall, l headed for a seat so l could search my bag for the card.

There was one seat left next to a man and l started to rummage.
Next thing, he starts to talk. He was killing time after dropping off his daughter who was a PE teacher who had an injury and couldn’t drive. If she missed this examination she was adjudicating, she would lose her £500 fee.

Next, he was telling me about his brother who had worked with Asbestos and died. His wife used his compensation to buy three houses and was renting them out, she was currently jumping from island to island in Antigua.
Their son was killed in a car accident caused by a traveller running him off the road and his girlfriend had no memory since.
This is all being told to me whilst l was taking my shopping bag apart looking for my credit card!
He told me he was 72, divorced, lived in a four bed house and had lots of girlfriends but they were grasping for his money!
He was a joker and said, he’d been a comedian under the name of Richard Scratcher. He then winked and said, ‘What’s short for Richard?’
Honestly, you couldn’t make it up! Plus, l still couldn’t find my credit card which l found in my other coat at home.

Do you meet ‘unusual’ people like this on a normal day in your town?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
They were probably just an estranged couple who had recently sold the Tandem.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top