Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:28 AM

Re: Melania Trump

I think she is a strong woman who is able to give as good as she gets in the relationship. Not a wilting daisy at all.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:42 AM

I find it hard to understand why a woman would want to be married to a man she is unhappy with . If it is true that she is as we dont really know. She must have her own income and ability to earn money and status in her own right .

I wonder if it's a business arrangement but I guess he would still want his conjugal rights !

I'd rather be on my own
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:35 PM

I wouldn’t rate Melania as a great role model for young women to aspire to and she doesn’t seem to be making much impact in the role of First Lady but I get the impression it was a role she didn’t particularly aspire to or want.

I get the impression she would have been happier to continue with the rich, materially comfortable life she had secured for herself when she married him and get on with looking after her son, herself and her home, without any public scrutiny or responsibility, but she is quietly getting on with trying to make the best of the situation she is in.

I don’t imagine she’ll go down in history for leaving a great positive legacy as a First Lady, as some of her predecessors have, but I don’t think she’ll have a negative influence or rock the boat much either.

I don’t hold her responsible for what her husband does - I doubt anyone could rein him in even if they tried - and if she is happy to stand beside or behind him, that’s her choice - it does suggest to me that her values are very different to mine so, although I don’t think she deserves some of the vitriol which I’ve sometimes seen directed at her, she isn’t someone I admire.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 02:25 PM

Boot I agree with all you say and quite honestly what has she done to deserve the vitriol anyway ?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top