Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Re: Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
My first, and truest love is cooking and baking. I began learning the craft when I was 16, working in New Orleans. I am never so happy as when I'm in the kitchen.
and I love reading threads to do with your cooking, your skill is good enough to eat
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:44 PM

I wouldn't say I have any skills really having worked in offices most of my working life although I can type very fast.

5 years of my working life between the ages of 53 & 58 were spent caring for the elderly in a care home and community setting. I was told I was perfect for the job because of my gentle, caring and patient personality. That pleased me that I was good at that job but I had to leave because it was very draining on my emotional well being as well as physically.

I really do miss caring but I do have my Dad to look after so I'm getting the best of both worlds, my office job that I really like and my caring skills still being updated by the day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:20 PM

I started out as graphic designer/artist and did that for about fifteen years then after a few various jobs, retrained as a plumber (City & guilds) then went self employed as a bathroom fitter. I always had plenty of work because I could plumb, tile and decorate, so there was no need to get a string of tradesmen in.

I am always more than happy to give any advice that I possibly can but I find that because this is not primarily a DIY site, no one ever asks.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:26 PM

After leaving grammar school, I spent 3 years working in an oil refinery laboratory, followed by 3 years in a metallurgical laboratory and 41 years in the technical and scientific side of the global rubber industry. During that time I gained specific knowledge of many polymers including natural rubber, quality control techniques and lean manufacturing.

If you want to know how a condom is made, I'm your man
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
After leaving grammar school, I spent 3 years working in an oil refinery laboratory, followed by 3 years in a metallurgical laboratory and 41 years in the technical and scientific side of the global rubber industry. During that time I gained specific knowledge of many polymers including natural rubber, quality control techniques and lean manufacturing.

If you want to know how a condom is made, I'm your man :lol:
Is it true that every so often they put pin holes in them?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Is it true that every so often they put pin holes in them?
Some pinholes in the latex do occur in manufacturing before vulcanisation but have nothing to do with people deliberately sticking a pin in. All condoms are electronically tested to find these defects and reject them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:54 PM

Some pinholes in the latex do occur in manufacturing before vulcanisation but have nothing to do with people deliberately sticking a pin in. All condoms are electronically tested to find these defects and reject them.
That's reassuring.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 04:58 PM

All my working life was spent in an Accounts office at a large Printing Company.

However, I did have a school cleaning job when my twins were babies .... my husband came home from work at 5.00pm and I had time to say hello, then I was off to my little job. Later when they started school, I was a school dinner lady for a few years.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's reassuring.
Why? Are you planning on being a tart 😂
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 05:05 PM

If you want to know how a condom is made, I'm your man
Used to luv the smell of burning rubber as passion reached its peak!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top