Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 09:35 AM

Another scandal

news of another scandal involving Laws and his <male> lover . . . the sum involved is over £40,000 . . . Cameron said before the election they would bring in laws where an MP can be sacked if involved in dishonesty or wrong doing . . . we shall see won't we.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:17 AM

Re: Another scandal

I think Laws will have to go - particularly in view of his cabinet position. Also the fact that he only started the attempt to cover it up in 2009 is proof that he knew what he was doing was crooked, but also that he thinks it does not matter as long as nobody knows. How could he go on to accept the post he has now and speak about standards, honesty etc? Some people in Government are so arrogant they think they are untouchable. They have such double standards and believe the "unwashed herd" does not matter one jot. How can Jo Public trust them anymore - The Lib.Dem. alliance is riddled with flaws and I don't see it lasting very long, although don't they have a five year mandate ??? I can't see them working as a proper coalition - I think soon the Conservatives will have the field clear for themselves. This is only a temporary marriage of convenience. (Again not honest in my book)
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
news of another scandal involving Laws and his homo lover . . . the sum involved is over £40,000 . . . Cameron said before the election they would bring in laws where an MP can be sacked if involved in dishonesty or wrong doing . . . we shall see won't we.
Going off what I have read about it I think he could become another court case, as should all of them IMO.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 11:04 AM

'homo' isn't an acceptable abbreviation for homosexual Nero (Because it's been used as a slur for too long).
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
'homo' isn't an acceptable abbreviation for homosexual Nero (Because it's been used as a slur for too long).
Its acceptable to me as in no way can it be seen as a slur, just a way of life.

Please read my sig.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
news of another scandal involving Laws and his homo lover . . . the sum involved is over £40,000 . . . Cameron said before the election they would bring in laws where an MP can be sacked if involved in dishonesty or wrong doing . . . we shall see won't we.

Dont think his homo lover has anything to do with this, but then Laws stated that he was trying to hide the fact that he has a different life style, cuts no ice, to claim that he only claimed the money to hide the fact that hes a Homo and living with his lover, it does looked like he should go before a Court as it looks like out and out fraud.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 12:20 PM

...and the public opinion of politics and politicians falls again
I'm not sure what the outcome should be. Wait and see, I think

I don't particularly like the use of the shortened form of the word homosexual ... not sure I'm fond of the long 'technical' word either. I thought gay was the modern expression. I think the difficulty some men have in accepting that others preference is to their own sex is part of the reason for this 'scandal'. It really shouldn't matter to anyone what anyone else does, in sexual terms, in private, as long as all concerned consent, are capable of giving consent and are of age.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Its acceptable to me as in no way can it be seen as a slur, just a way of life.

Please read my sig.
Well as admin of this site I am telling you it's not acceptable, just as it's not acceptable to use the term 'paki' to abbreviate Pakistani - please don't use it again on this site (or any of our sister sites).
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

29-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Well as admin of this site I am telling you it's not acceptable, just as it's not acceptable to use the term 'paki' to abbreviate Pakistani - please don't use it again on this site (or any of our sister sites).

Yet its all right to use the term afgani.

Stan means "land" so Pakistan means land of the paki.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

29-05-2010, 03:49 PM

No it's not the same, 'afghani' has never been used in the same context as 'paki' - as a hate word, a slur, a racial slur.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top