Join for free
Page 225 of 259 « First < 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:59 AM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by carol ->
The Geoff/Yasmin storyline has me riveted to Corrie.
One of the best storylines in a long time.
I agree Carol.

Geoff is convincing as the nasty man he is playing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ain't watched it for yonks, feel better for it.
Did you go through withdrawal Spitty.....?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can proudly admit that I participated in 'No-shave November'...
and December, and January. I did trim it at the beginning of February, though.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to raise any money for charity though, primarily because I wasn't aware of the event.
My old boss used to say that if you didn't shave every day you were a 'Bum'...So I've always been a 'Clean Shaven Robert' JB...

I raised a few bob in my marathon days, perhaps it would have been easier to grow a beard. I wonder if those on Coronation Street have done it for charity, or just fashion? Daniel looks like the wild man from Borneo with his beard....Get yerself a shave lad!....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2020, 12:54 PM

The Geoff/Yasmin storyline has me riveted to Corrie.
One of the best storylines in a long time.
I don't know about that Carol, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, to think that some blokes resort to those sorts of tactics.....I just want to give Yasmin a hug...
Nasty Man!.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My old boss used to say that if you didn't shave every day you were a 'Bum'...So I've always been a 'Clean Shaven Robert' JB...
I don't mind being a 'bum'. I find it far preferable not to have to shave every morning. Even when I was in the RAF, I took advantage of growing a moustache on the grounds that it was one less facial area I had to shave.

I should have joined the Navy!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 04:49 PM

I don't know about that Carol, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, to think that some blokes resort to those sorts of tactics.....I just want to give Yasmin a hug...
Nasty Man!.....
Same here. I just don't comprehend how someone can be that downright nasty to someone as loving as Yasmin. I want to be sick every time I see Geoff on screen.

P.S. I've worn a moustache since January 1987.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:07 AM

Well, tonight's episode of Constipation Street was advertised as being particularly exciting. A 'one-hour special'.

What happened? The coach driver (an unknown character) died of a heart attack. That was it.

I was half-expecting Rita to be run over by a tram!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:56 AM

Yes I thought last nights episode was a let down. The party bus outing to Blackpool to scatter Denis's ashes was silly & boring!!

I think the big news was at the end when Ken Barlowe looked at the sky & said it was time to go.

I think he was referring to moving to the retirement village Claudia has been encouraging him to do.

He's not leaving Corrie so far as I know. I read online somewhere that he moves to the retirement village & his next door neighbour is Norris!!

Cue for a lot more new characters.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:11 AM

Did you go through withdrawal Spitty.....?
Sure did, and still am its difficult having to work through your own scenarios instead of letting a group of actors take the strain.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:30 AM

Yes I thought last nights episode was a let down. The party bus outing to Blackpool to scatter Denis's ashes was silly & boring!!

I think the big news was at the end when Ken Barlowe looked at the sky & said it was time to go.

I think he was referring to moving to the retirement village Claudia has been encouraging him to do.

He's not leaving Corrie so far as I know. I read online somewhere that he moves to the retirement village & his next door neighbour is Norris!!

Cue for a lot more new characters.

I agree with that, Carol.
I thought it was all rather silly and childish too, and I rapidly lost interest.
It was partiuclarly silly when Rita tried to drive the coach I thought.

At the end, I did wonder if it was the start of Ken's departure, he is in his 80's isn't he? Not many of us would still want to be working at that age.

All in all, a bit of a rubbish episode as far as I was concerned.

Page 225 of 259 « First < 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top